Hikari LED lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you buy those LEDS, your then going to have to buy the anti-flicker capacitors for $20 or so for these leds to work your at $90.

Just buy the Opt-7 FluxBeam-X LEDS from www.opt-7.com. They come with the anti-flicker capacitors for our trucks and they fit inside the oem quad housings. The ones you listed from Amazon don't have the capacitors so you'd have to buy them and also you don't know if they will fit inside the headlight housing and also they could suck.

The Opt7 leds are listed at $109.99 on their site but if you Google Opt7 promo code you can find a 10% off promo code and they end up being $100 with free shipping.

So in the end you spend $10 more and your getting leds that many members on here use and are happy with (ive ran 2 sets and love them. Currently have a pair in my fog lights). Plus you know they will work with our trucks without any error codes and they fit inside the headlight housings with no cutting or modifications needed.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels • Smoked Taillights • Custom 13+ Projectors w/ Switchbacks & Custom Paint • Custom Hood & Bed Black Vinyl • Morimoto 6500k XB35 HID's • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Mufflex DODM80 Muffler Delete • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • RES -> RBZ Swap • Opt-7 LED Tailgate Light Bar •

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only problem I see with these, is that on all the reviews, no one ever really with a 4th gen Ram posts pictures/reviews. That's what makes me hesitant. And everyone here says do HID, its more expensive but better. I still don't know which direction to go.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
some say HIDs have a lot of radio interference.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The only problem I see with these, is that on all the reviews, no one ever really with a 4th gen Ram posts pictures/reviews. That's what makes me hesitant. And everyone here says do HID, its more expensive but better. I still don't know which direction to go.

theres a few reviews from Ram guys on there. One says you can put the dust cover on with out modifying it. the other guy has a picture but its showing the headlight, not the output. I a slso sceptical. But if you look at all the other pictures you will see a huge blob of light right infront of the car, theres no light projected down road, only glare.. I dont know...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my SL1’s would ship from diode Dynamics

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
theres a few reviews from Ram guys on there. One says you can put the dust cover on with out modifying it. the other guy has a picture but its showing the headlight, not the output. I a slso sceptical. But if you look at all the other pictures you will see a huge blob of light right infront of the car, theres no light projected down road, only glare.. I dont know...
I've had both. Had HIDs on my '09 1500. Cheap ($90.) From China. Very very bright, long range was forever! Annoyed a few people in those very low-ass cars. Now have expensive LEDs from VLED ($150./pair). Not as good, not as bright on low beam. High beams are amazingly bright but I'm now ******' people off. Gotta fix this. May upgrade to projectors for cut-off

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My vote is for more light on an HID kit, but you run the risk of burning up the cheap ballsats the kits use. Hence why i went the LED route. Plus uses 50% less power than High energy HIDs.
I sill be the first to say my LED low beams are not that bright, but i currently have NO foglights. Im gonna add led foglights, and if they arent bright enough, replace my low beams with HID.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at those for highs, but they can't say for sure they fit under the dust cover.
I can’t help you with that, they have a 9005 P/N specifically for the projector low beam and a separate 9005 P/N for the high beam, I bought the low beam. If you go to their FB page they have videos of the SL1’s being built and tested.

For anyone wondering....these won’t perform like an HID but will be better than a halogen. They have a 3 year warranty and 30 day money back, plus they are made in USA.

Raconnol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This guy seems happy with them, however, read his comments.
He reports these LED bulbs in the projector do not seem nearly as bright as the bulbs in the fog lights.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Makes sense that nothing is going to work 100% except halogens, or a retro fit. the LED's do not offer 360 degrees of light so its not hitting the reflector where its designed to. with HID's the same thing is true not in the sense of 360 degree light but in the sense that the bulb is not the correct size for the reflector to properly reflect the light as its designed to. the reflectors are designed to reflect light based on the bulb size, and filament location. once you mess with that, regardless of lumens your output is going to suffer. with HIDs the lumens are much grater than LED's, combined with 360 degrees of light makes up what LED's lack but again, the reflector is not designed for that style bulb.

Retrofits work because the reflector is designed for and HID style bulb and designed to reflect 100% of the light based on location of filement and length of bulb. not to mention the optic characteristics of the projector, and cut off shield.

best halogen bulbs in my experience for the 2013-2014 projectors are the Philips CrystalVision Ultra HIR2's (9012). they are the same bulb and use the same engineering as the Vosla HIR2's as Vosla is owned by Philips, but are slightly coated blue to produce a whiter output. according to multiple sources the Vosla HIR2 is the best manufactured HIR2 bulb on the market today, being Philips owns this company they sell Philips branded Vosla HIR2 bulbs. Vosla makes a HIR2 "blue" which is the exact same bulb as the Philips Crystal Vision.

on a more general note: to keep the reflector characteristics as they were designed I would recommend halogens over an HID or LED. try Philips Crystal Vision Ultras. you wont get that super bright output of an HID, but the light that is produced will shine down the road further, which should be the number one objective of upgrading lighting. the further down road you see the faster you can react to whats in the road.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the Opt-7 Fluxbeam X low beams on my 1500 with quad lenses an they were pretty good, much brighter and better throw IMHO than OEM.

I went a different direction with my headlights so I pulled them a few months ago. They’re sitting in my garage in the original packaging.

If anyone wants them $70 shipped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990