How can I make my black grill look better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanadianInnuendo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like someone put polish on the black plastic grill and it looks faded and discolored. I'm afraid of making it worse so I thought I would ask someone with something similar. I have some plastic restorer but it says it only works on clear plastic, so I assume that would be headlight restorer? I really don't know and need some opinions on what I can do. I thought about taking the grill off the truck and painting a couple coats of flat black. Ideas?

kn1706

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could you post some pictures of the grill?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I assume you are talking about a black matte grill, and not painted? If so, there are many trim restorers out there.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it is wax or something like that there is a chemical guys product called wipe out that works wonders for stripping wax or polish oils off of anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's just faded then you can use a VRP which works very well. Chemical guys or Adam's both have amazing VRP products

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CanadianInnuendo

CanadianInnuendo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OH MY GOD The prices. I was hoping to go a cheap route since I don't have much money at the moment. I don't have any pictures of the grill but I will take some tomorrow. I'll probably end up getting a chrome grill and bumpers from a junkyard eventually, if I can find some in decent shape. Until then, I just want it to look better.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I used a rattle can of plasti-dip on my chrome grill. I would imagine it sticks to the plastic just as good (maybe better...). And "Armor All" works surprisingly well on sun bleached plastic, you just have to do every couple weeks..

IMG_20180731_155848_edit.jpg