how do i tell my truck i changed tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op,
Do you have the before and after tire sizes? That will tell me exactly how far it would be out, if at all.
another fun way to calibrate tire size for you with a ‘17 is an edge pulsar. It will give you some power or economy upgrades as well. A little more pricy than some of the options listed above but it’s good stuff.

db208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i got alpha obd, ($50 alpha obd program), ($60 mx+ obd connector on amazon) connected through my android phone via bluetooth. changed tire size to 35's and it fixed my speedo which was off by 3mph after installing bigger tires. also able to tweak many other settings with this gadget.

Blue Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Spark Plugs
Use something like https://tiresize.com/calculator/ to figure out if you need to do anything at all in the first place based on entering both tire/wheel sizes.

Love that site! I'll add some description on how to use it for your situation. On the left side, click on the "Tire Comparison" tab next to the "Tire Calculator" tab. This allows you to compare existing tire specs to potential ones, complete with diameter, revs per mile, percentages, etc.

tdp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about the odometer? Do bigger tires affect the miles racked up on it making the truck resale worse?

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just tell it like u would tell your friend... "Dude, I put bigger wheels on you". In all seriousness, I don't think you can on the newer Rams. If there's a way, I don't know it. But as far as I know, just try to compensate a little on the speedo

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Is the tire diameter the same ?? If it is you do not need to do anything. Otherwise find someone with a programmer that fits into the OBDII port and you can tell the truck computer what new tire size you have. Easy....

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the odometer? Do bigger tires affect the miles racked up on it making the truck resale worse?
No on all counts. Taller tires turn fewer revolutions per mile traveled so if you didn't correct the speedometer you would actually have less miles not more. That being said when I did it I bought a used Hypertech Speedometer Recalibrator off of eBay for less than $100 to correct mine three years ago.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just tell it like u would tell your friend... "Dude, I put bigger wheels on you". In all seriousness, I don't think you can on the newer Rams. If there's a way, I don't know it. But as far as I know, just try to compensate a little on the speedo

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

*****..."Dude, I put bigger wheels on you".