How much did it hurt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Who else has bashed their head on the overhang or pin box on your fifth wheel?
Hit mine on the pin the other day, ****** back and then hit the overhang ‍. Assure me I’m not the only one!!

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So as kids, my older sister and I both did this. She hit my dad's pinbox, I hit the neighbor's. She bled a little, I needed stitches. (no, it wasn't a competition).
The joke later that year was that her head was harder, and she broke the welds on the pinbox - because we went to Niagara Falls and once we got there dad found the hitch was broken out (really it was Canada's roads). The neighbor's pinbox was fine.

Since then though? I haven't ever hit the pinbox on any fifth wheel I've been around. I am always VERY aware of where it's at.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
It’s the flaming tow HITCH that does me in every time. I have more gouges on my shins than ever in my life!
Yes, I know……take it off when not in use. I read on here that some states make you take it out when not in use

Fancy that lol

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Who else has bashed their head on the overhang or pin box on your fifth wheel?
Hit mine on the pin the other day, ****** back and then hit the overhang ‍. Assure me I’m not the only one!!
More than once. I need to wear my hard hat around that thing...

OP
OP
Irishthreeper

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So as kids, my older sister and I both did this. She hit my dad's pinbox, I hit the neighbor's. She bled a little, I needed stitches. (no, it wasn't a competition).
The joke later that year was that her head was harder, and she broke the welds on the pinbox - because we went to Niagara Falls and once we got there dad found the hitch was broken out (really it was Canada's roads). The neighbor's pinbox was fine.

Since then though? I haven't ever hit the pinbox on any fifth wheel I've been around. I am always VERY aware of where it's at.
Proof that you’re smarter than me, maybe because I’ve done it 8 or 10 times in 18 months :)

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It’s the flaming tow HITCH that does me in every time. I have more gouges on my shins than ever in my life!
Yes, I know……take it off when not in use. I read on here that some states make you take it out when not in use

Fancy that lol
Usually you only do that once. Then you remember to take a wide walk around it.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Proof that you’re smarter than me, maybe because I’ve done it 8 or 10 times in 18 months :)
When you do it at the ripe old age of 8 years old, it's kinda a traumatic experience that sticks with you for your entire life. Getting rushed to the ER with blood running down your face, your mom holding a rag on your head to try to stop the bleeding, and your dad being an ******* and saying 'careful or your brains will fall out' will do that to you.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be careful under those 5th wheels. When I drove a tow truck for the garage I worked at I had to winch a 5th wheel trailer off a guy. Apparently before he fully backed the truck under it he got under the trailer to do something and the landing gear or whatever you call it collapsed pinning under the trailer and killing him. Just be careful folks