How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

field8585

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that issue here in BC Canada, wherein we can do the same paperwork. The problem here was that a Dodge Dealer has to sign the form to confirm what both old and new clusters read. They told me they would not do it unless they carried out the swap (and we all know it takes all of 15 minutes to R/R the clusters) at a cost of approx $400. That and I would have to change my cluster background as it has a Laramie Longhorn symbol and my truck is an Express. Also my warranty would be void on any items that interface with the cluster. Hmmmm. There is very little difference in my odometer readings (less than 200 KM) so I am going to live with it. My plan.....when I sell or upgrade, send out the old unit to be updated for around $200 then sell the cluster I had to cover that cost. I am not about to be held hostage "again" by a stealership.

field8585

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just sent my cluster out to a company in the US, they are charging $89 to change mileage, Idle and Drive hours. It will cost me $100 for shipping but still better than the 3 quotes I have gotten from within Canada ($350..$425.. and $475 plus shipping for all). I will post the name of the company once I receive my unit back in working order and can confirm. Told them they may have a large number to do hoping to get a discount later, LOL.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Who did you use

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just sent my cluster out to a company in the US, they are charging $89 to change mileage, Idle and Drive hours. It will cost me $100 for shipping but still better than the 3 quotes I have gotten from within Canada ($350..$425.. and $475 plus shipping for all). I will post the name of the company once I receive my unit back in working order and can confirm. Told them they may have a large number to do hoping to get a discount later, LOL.

That sounds like good news!

field8585

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1500ram12, as I mentioned I will guinea pig this one and post the name once I confirm that all is well. The last thing I want is be the "who gave us a bogus company and I lost money" guy.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Gotcha, not that it matters now ics will have mine today

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1500ram12, as I mentioned I will guinea pig this one and post the name once I confirm that all is well. The last thing I want is be the "who gave us a bogus company and I lost money" guy.

Yes! for that price if it works out i'm sure they will have a ton of work orders, me being one of them :)

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just ordered a tool to program the eproms on the clusters I have a junk 3.5 one i going to try it on and I will let you guys know how it works. The tool was under $100 i just have to wait for it to get here from china

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just ordered a tool to program the eproms on the clusters I have a junk 3.5 one i going to try it on and I will let you guys know how it works. The tool was under $100 i just have to wait for it to get here from china

Intersted is hearing your results!

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the tool said it can read and program the data on the eprom and the eprom in the cluster was on the list of chips it can do. I have seen videos of people using the same tool to do other clusters but nothing this new. If it does not work I am not out much

ROSW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Very interested in hearing your result and learning the name as well as other details.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is it possible that when we do both upgrade ( cluster and 8.4 radio ) that the cluster lose the compass and temp fonction ?

I mean the cluster still have both, but when I try to change the compass or outside temp in the cluster it disappear from the list. I must cancel the change or I will lose those fonction ( i did it for the compass and cannot chose it again.)

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is it possible that when we do both upgrade ( cluster and 8.4 radio ) that the cluster lose the compass and temp fonction ?

I mean the cluster still have both, but when I try to change the compass or outside temp in the cluster it disappear from the list. I must cancel the change or I will lose those fonction ( i did it for the compass and cannot chose it again.)
Mine are showing up just fine and I can move them around to one of the four positions in the cluster.

Sleek1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed my cluster the other night and all is well with compass and temp, my 8.4NA is being delivered today and I plan on putting it in this weekend, I will check and see if the compass or temp functions change and report back.
Cluster.jpeg

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed my cluster the other night and all is well with compass and temp, my 8.4NA is being delivered today and I plan on putting it in this weekend, I will check and see if the compass or temp functions change and report back.
Cluster.jpeg

I see you listen to one of my favorite channels on satellite radio!

Sleek1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL, hell yeah! it's almost all I listen to, I'm so stuck in the 80's :)

domestique

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 (1500 Express)
Engine
HEMI 5.7 (8 speed)
Where does the 4x4 icon show up at?

I can't seem to remember anyone posting a picture while in 4 wheel drive.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's in the center screen towards the bottom left if I remember right