How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW I mounted the left and right antennae on the inside of the b-pillar and have seen little to no effect on how I use the system.

The only time I have an issue is with the keyfob in the same pocket as my cell phone, but I dont think its a range or antenna thing (once I move the phone out, in the exact same spot the keyfob becomes recognized again....I have a feeling its NFC on my phone interfering)

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol yes sounds like the front location isn't super critical. I'm all wired up and am at the programming hub stage fingers crossed.

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So far so good truck started up no problems but didn't die been running for a few minutea now so I don't know if I need to do the 2nd rfhub reset or not

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far so good truck started up no problems but didn't die been running for a few minutea now so I don't know if I need to do the 2nd rfhub reset or not
Same happened for me. Never ever had to perform the rf hub reset.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I guess I can hang with the cool kids now ;).

uHZ32W5l.jpg

95% done. Well other than the hood latch so I can have remote start 95% done I guess... Taking a break ;).

Re the front antenna, after looking at my harness my decison was made for me, it's setup to run up to the front with the other wires then branches off - so that's what I did, and put the antenna up under the driver kick panel as @appzattak mentioned - seems to work fine.

Couple things I ran into, removing and even more so replacing the seats was the hardest and most time consuming part for me. Probably easier with two people. I also was being very gingerly around the amps and wiring back there which made it that much more tedious.

Also, I seem to have an extra bolt lol. I know its not funny, but I swear I only removed four rear seat bolts per side, but I have 4 back in per side and have one left. Well, I should say I have one attached to a seatbelt buckle left. Two seat belt buckles are bolted in, the third is not. I can't decide if it wasn't in to begin with, ie some sort of baby seat setup they put in there and don't connect, or if I've totally fubard my seat re-install. I'm going to look online for some schematics, unless someone here can tell me what I missed :).

I am getting faults for the door handles not being there, which I expected I guess since they are not hooked up. I taped up the harness so the leads are not exposed, buries the wiring and will tackle the handles one day soon.

So, all that's left is remote start latch, hopefully that's a simple job and the wiring is good to the BCM. I also have the rear driver side sill that I need to get back in, gave me some trouble with the extra wiring so I left it off for now. That and figuring out the extra bolt/seatbelt bolt calamity.

Plus programming the second fobik... For that I only need to do the first part of the RF Hub procedure, correct?

IE...

Fire up the alfa and connect to the RF Hub. Set the new fob on the center console lid. Click the car with hood open and select “program ignition fobiks highline system”. Enter your PIN and follow the prompts.

And use which pin, the original or the 0000?

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Getting a bit confused on the last bits - I'm searching this thread and the alfa thread but man they have gotten huge lol.

So was doing settings for remote start - I guess there's a VTA enable + remote start process, and a remote start process only ie no VTA?

I programmed the 2nd key and reset the RF-Hub again, so both keys work now. Have set the Remote Start - VTS Process so will let it sit and see...

2019/06/14 16:31:20.970
No faults reported by the unit.
Car configuration change: Remote Start Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: VTA System Present: ' NO SECURITY ' -> '1 '

VTA Warning LED Output Present - Already Set

Hood Ajar Switch Usage - Select “500 ohm and 500 ohm parallel resistors” Already Set.

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting a bit confused on the last bits - I'm searching this thread and the alfa thread but man they have gotten huge lol.

So was doing settings for remote start - I guess there's a VTA enable + remote start process, and a remote start process only ie no VTA?

Also notice one of the thread said make sure keys are programmed before doing remote start, so I need to program my second key first. I'm not sure if I should use my original pin for the second key, or use 0000? I used the original pin for the first key which worked fine, so would assume the same for the second one also?

The remote start should be in the list of know working codes for google drive.

I believe. It’s your original pin for all key programming and 0000 for everything else. I installed my remote start first then added keys with no problems with remote start.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I programmed the 2nd key and reset the RF-Hub again, so both keys work now. Have set the Remote Start - VTS Process so will let it sit and see...

2019/06/14 16:31:20.970
No faults reported by the unit.
Car configuration change: Remote Start Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: VTA System Present: ' NO SECURITY ' -> '1 '

VTA Warning LED Output Present - Already Set

Hood Ajar Switch Usage - Select “500 ohm and 500 ohm parallel resistors” Already Set.

So after programming the 2nd key you had to reset the hub so it would work?

—2018 Ram 1500—

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The remote start should be in the list of know working codes for google drive.

I believe. It’s your original pin for all key programming and 0000 for everything else. I installed my remote start first then added keys with no problems with remote start.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Thanks yeah got the 2nd going going, reset the hub, and now waiting out to see if remote start will work...

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So after programming the 2nd key you had to reset the hub so it would work?

—2018 Ram 1500—

Well I don't know if I HAD too for the 2nd key, but I had to for the Remote Start.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well progress is being made - get the honk and lights flash, but no start. No error on EVIC.

I saw one post where a guy had to enable Auto Comfort or somesuch - doesn't make sense as it's not part of the process of the known working setup for remote start.

EDIT - it's Vehicle Config CSM1 >>> Auto on driver comfort settings menu that was mentioned. I haven't set that as not sure why it would be needed but I will if it doesn't start working shortly.

Oh and VTA definitely works, scared the crap out of me when I opened the door before I programmed the 2nd key lol.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well progress is being made - get the honk and lights flash, but no start. No error on EVIC.

I saw one post where a guy had to enable Auto Comfort or somesuch - doesn't make sense as it's not part of the process of the known working setup for remote start.

EDIT - it's Vehicle Config CSM1 >>> Auto on driver comfort settings menu that was mentioned. I haven't set that as not sure why it would be needed but I will if it doesn't start working shortly.

Oh and VTA definitely works, scared the crap out of me when I opened the door before I programmed the 2nd key lol.

For the remote start you will have to give it a couple of key cycles and maybe take it for a quick spin. Everything seemed to work but no start when I did mine. Ran to the store and back gave it a try and it worked.

Edit. You may have to switch the ohm to 1k

2018 2500 6.4L

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Success.... Drove around a bit, got home, remote start like a boss :rockit:

Didn't do anything with that auto comfort setting, didn't change ohms to 1k - I think that's if you ground out the hood latch pin instead of having it go to BCM.

I may have been doing it wrong anyway - does the truck need to be unlocked first? I was doing it with truck locked earlier. I would go test again but it's late and I'm sure the neighbors are tired of my truck honking lol. I'll check both ways tomorrow.

So Push to Start, Remote Start, and Projectors/LED Tails recently, plus the Center Console - Old Dawg jumped up a tax bracket I think lol.

Super thrilled to get this going - big thanks to @Jimmy07 for the guide and legwork, and @AllMoparParts.com for the parts help, and @STecoD for building the harness for me :waytogo: Plus helpful posts from @Ghost_RAM @Mpgrimm2 @Ricks Ram @appzattak @Lawsuit11 @chrisbh17 @1500ram12 along the way and I'm sure I left out a few.
:favorites13:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Truck can be locked or unlocked. You'll hear it lock before it starts. For whatever reason the truck's need either a couple of key cycles or a little drive before "allowing" the remote start to work. I spent probably 3-4 hour's trouble shooting with Jimmy07 trying to figure out on mine why the remote start wouldn't work. Let it sit overnight, reprogrammed everything a couple of times. Like I stated, Drove to the store and tried one last time after I got back and it worked. I installed mine when it was about 30 degrees out.

2018 2500 6.4L

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol I don't know what's worse, 30* or 90*. I was mighty sweaty at the end of the day. had to wipe down all my seats :rolleyes:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I don't know what's worse, 30* or 90*. I was mighty sweaty at the end of the day. had to wipe down all my seats :rolleyes:

Lmao. That’s how it’s going to be for me. I’m suppose to get my hub finally on Tuesday and good old Texas weather has to jump to almost 100 after the damn rain. Smh. I’ll be dying.

—2018 Ram 1500—

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lmao. That’s how it’s going to be for me. I’m suppose to get my hub finally on Tuesday and good old Texas weather has to jump to almost 100 after the damn rain. Smh. I’ll be dying.

—2018 Ram 1500—

It was the seats for me. They took most of the time/work. Awkward by yourself. Grab a buddy for a half hour if you can :).

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was the seats for me. They took most of the time/work. Awkward by yourself. Grab a buddy for a half hour if you can :).

Yeah when I pre wired everything I just moved the seat and it was a pain in the ass. Just moving them forward out of the way

—2018 Ram 1500—

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got phase one done today and working. Easier than I thought it would be. I hate that damn back seat lol. Only problem I’m having is when I attempt to reset the hub Alfa is saying the fob is not in the vehicle but when I push the break pedal and push the start button the truck turns on. I have no clue what’s up. I’m gonna try it later when I have time.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just contacted Nexus in regards to the door handle connectors. The sales guy told me 25pcs minimum and $5 a piece smh. 2-3 day delivery. I’m looking at different suppliers for the connectors right now and I’ll let everyone know what I come up with.

Update. Stupid crazy expensive. The other 3 RFQ I got were minimum order of 50 at over $5 each.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Last edited: