How to eliminate tailgate weight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry if I misunderstand this. But you want to drill holes in the tail gate to eliminate 10-20 pounds????

That doesn't seem like much weight loss to outweigh ruining a tailgate...

But to each there own.. umba fatter guy so I guess for me id just hit up the ole gym. Or have less fuel in the tank

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Swiss cheesing vehicle parts to reduce weight is an old racers trick from way back in the day. But it should be done carefully on a street vehicle.
My only issue with it is that it doesn't help traction or performance on a front heavy vehicle, in truth the effect will be quite the opposite. Like I say I knew a guy who filled a tailgate with cement in an attempt to hook up a truck with potent big block. This is after moving two batteries and a fuel cell to the back of the bed
Some young'ns have to learn the hard way, but as long as it doen't kill them or anyone else, it's just a tailgate.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If its for racing reasons and you dont want to buy some thing else Why dont you just remove the tailgate when you race and put it back on after like a lot of ppl do just saying