How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks will give it a try in the AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I second what Deereguy says,. Mine took a few key cycles then it suddenly appeared.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I second what Deereguy says,. Mine took a few key cycles then it suddenly appeared.

Funny thing there is no audio not even on regular radio and thru Bluetooth and aux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny thing there is no audio not even on regular radio and thru Bluetooth and aux

Mine had either no audio or at 1%+ was like being front row at a rock concert. I put it in late evening and then the next morning on the first start booted up and acted normally with sxm and the backup camera soft keys appearing.

Sounds like the system.has to be powered cycled a certain number of times or does a complete power down/discharge after a length of time, before on power up it queries the bcm and pulls the info fresh and everything appears.

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine had either no audio or at 1%+ was like being front row at a rock concert. I put it in late evening and then the next morning on the first start booted up and acted normally with sxm and the backup camera soft keys appearing.

Sounds like the system.has to be powered cycled a certain number of times or does a complete power down/discharge after a length of time, before on power up it queries the bcm and pulls the info fresh and everything appears.

Well if it doesn’t work tomorrow I will pull it Sunday and check connections

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the help. Let it sit overnight and everything was working. Nothing like being on the road jamming to Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Now I have to figure out to change the clock in the DIC for military time to a 12 hour format

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Norm Aspesi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDisel
So if we install this radio in a 15 ram does that mean we can’t get software updates? Can we go to FCA and say we have a replacement radio and update our VIN?

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you can still get the software updates, just not over the air. You will need a vin from the model year and type to plug into the fca site and download it to a usb.

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
you can still get the software updates, just not over the air. You will need a vin from the model year and type to plug into the fca site and download it to a usb.

Great info

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wish there was a way to activate the Sirius Guardian service kind of miss the send n go feature

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wish there was a way to activate the Sirius Guardian service kind of miss the send n go feature

Although just got word last week that waze I coming to Apple CarPlay which will be a blessing

blueteam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have a uas radio out of a 18 Ram 3500 installed in my 17 Ram 1500. I have had a issue with the audio will not change volume and a black screen for the radio function. I know there is a ota update but I cannot get the update. Does anyone have these files offline for download? The most recent version out is now 19.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Actually the latest version 19.9 is only available OTA. I have not been able to download it and the TSB for its release says OTA only. The latest version I have been able to download is 18.14.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a uas radio out of a 18 Ram 3500 installed in my 17 Ram 1500. I have had a issue with the audio will not change volume and a black screen for the radio function. I know there is a ota update but I cannot get the update. Does anyone have these files offline for download? The most recent version out is now 19.9

Is the screen blank all the time? Do you know what firmware version you have?

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Actually the latest version 19.9 is only available OTA. I have not been able to download it and the TSB for its release says OTA only. The latest version I have been able to download is 18.14.

All I get is my system is up to date

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Here is a strange one. I have voice guidance off in navigation but still cuts off speakers to say proceed route and you have arrive at your destination. Any way to shut that off?

justice37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the UAQ in my 14 Ram and there are some small glitches.

If you install the UAQ radio in your truck the Travel Link and Real-Time Traffic features will not work unless your truck originally came with that function because the code will not be set in your BCM. The Real-Time Traffic and Travel Link worked on the RA4 no matter what vehicle it was installed in as long as you had the subscription from XM. I activated the code with my tool and it worked perfectly but a lot of guys don't have this capability.

I have the same issue. My 2014 Grand Cherokee comes with RA3 radio and I installed UAQ. The local dealer added RA4 code on my VIN and reflash the BCM. However, I still do not see XM travel link and real-time traffce. Can you please let me know which code you added? Is it possible to purchase the WiTech like tool?

blueteam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Ok everyone, here is a radio that was listed this morning on Car-Part, As always, i cannot guarantee if the listing is accurate but for the price its worth the call.

upload_2018-6-14_14-43-41.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca