Hw often to Rotate Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
07MegaCabRam

Sorry I could not resist "You are A tire whisperer"? LOL

Every 3k is a bit excessive by my standards, but what ever works for you!

Last edited:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I rotate mine every other oil change. That's right around 12k to 12.5k miles. Apparently, I need to do it every time.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I rotate mine every other oil change. That's right around 12k to 12.5k miles. Apparently, I need to do it every time.

I'm with you. Every other oil change or so. So far, even wear on all tires on both vehicles, so must be doing OK.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

this is more like where I am with them. I guess ill just have to add it to my list. My biggest issue is actually getting it to the shop to be done. normally i use the tire shop by my work. drop it off in the morning and pickup in the eve. they would not order the Yokohama I wanted so I used the shop by the house.

with work and everything going on with 2 athletic kids, hard to get time to get it to a shop and wait an hour or two rotating them.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Spring & Fall (Every 6 months) takes me 30 min.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought new rubber for my 2009. the last set I had on it from Bridgestone had one of hte 4 tires wear out well before the others. Ill admit that im not the best one at getting my tires rotated, but I did my best to get them done every 10,000 miles or less. when I got the new tires, they told me every 5000 miles or less. HOLY COW. thats less than my OCI!

I am on the highway most of the time. I do go over a 5 mile long 6% grade at least twice daily.

What do you guys do?

Bases upon one of the 4 tires wearing out way before the others would make me believe your issue would be more of an alignment issue then a rotation issue.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would not be opposed to that theory however two separate shops told me I did not need an alignment. The tire wear was even across the tread but one tire in particular seemed to have worn out quicker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
5k. Discount tire has a deal if you buy your tires there they will rotate and balance every 5k for free and i'm there like clockwork! I also don't sit in the waiting room--i watch them do it. Trust but verify! In God we trust--discount tire, not so much
Jay

Last edited:

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
About every 10k for me. I still have the (dreaded) OE Goodyear SRA tires on my truck. They have just under 35k on them now. Last rotated at 20k, expecting them not to make it much past 30. If I would have rotated them at 30 they would likely have lasted to 40. As it is now, the right rear is much closer to the TWI than the other 3. But winter is coming and I now live in snow country. A new set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires are in the near future.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
07MegaCabRam

Sorry I could not resist "You are A tire whisperer"? LOL

Every 3k is a bit excessive by my standards, but what ever works for you!

I have mud tires and the heavy CTD. Discount actually recommended it.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
5k. Discount tire has a deal if you buy your tires there they will rotate and balance every 5k for free and i'm there like clockwork! I also don't sit in the waiting room--i watch them do it. Trust but verify! In God we trust--discount tire, not so much
Jay

They are good.

They are way better than the 16 year olds at Costco.
I will never buy tires there or have them touch my truck.
I've heard too many horror stories.. haha

I would rotate my own - but don't have the ability to balance and I like the fact they do that every time I go in.. some of the vibration goes away.. #MudTireLife

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree---by comparison, they do better than most, but I still like to watch
Jay

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I rotate mine every second oil change, but I'm fairly religious with oil changes and do them more often than most.

I would say that works out to a rotation about every 10,000-12,000kms (6200-7500 miles).
I've got about 55,000kms on my factory tires and I will probably get another 20,000kms out of them if I keep treating them right.

Might be worth mentioning that (until recently) I also tow a heavy trailer about twice per month in the summer.