Hydraulic Noise heard after shutting off engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really don't notice it all the time, but coming home from town yesterday, after unloading the vehicle, we heard what sounds like a hydraulic noise coming from the vehicle. Didn't last long, probably 5 seconds at best, and seemed to be from the rear of the truck. The only thing that was in the truck with groceries from town.

John Schmidt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES DELTA FLOW
Hi. I believe that is part of an auto parking lock activation. It's called Electronic Parking Brake (EPB). I wish it were something more exciting, but that's what I've been told in the past. Thanks.

John

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never heard of a hydraulic noise before . ?.? Like fluid moving ?

rws1944

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn't say if you had air suspension or not. If you had a load in the bed and unloaded it is not unusual for the rear end to relevel itself. Depends on how much weight you were hauling.

OP
OP
Rockyhammock

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn't say if you had air suspension or not. If you had a load in the bed and unloaded it is not unusual for the rear end to relevel itself. Depends on how much weight you were hauling.
Well some groceries in the cab, nothing added to the bed.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Sounds like the motors for the HVAC doors going through they sequence. Not sure why it does it but the flapper doors open and close in my truck after it's shut off