I have a 2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500, are vans welcome here? If not - where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NashTT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to hijack your thread but I’ll relate a funny Dodge van story and an experience that kept me away from the brand for over 30 years. A good friend/coworker bought a ‘74 or 5 dodge van with the first sliding side door I’d ever seen. It was a thing of beauty, a kind of two tone blue with a smooth 318cu. Only problem was an intermittent rattle in that big door. All through the warrantee period he took it back but it never rattled for the dealer. I had heard it several times. After the cursory 12000mi warrantee expired he decided to look for himself. He lived in a townhouse that prohibited auto repairs so oil changes, tune ups, and car washes happened in my driveway. On a Sunday afternoon he comes over and says we’re gonna pull the trim off that door and find the rattle. I was pulling back on one side of the trim and there inside was a lunch bag and three empty beer cans. Guess vans were a good place to crawl into for lunchtime privacy on the line.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pleaae answer the following questions before full membership can be granted:

What weight oil do you use?
What oil filter do you use?
Do you have a rear window leak?
Do you have a 3rd brake light leak? Do you have a peeling dashboard?
Do you have orange peel paint?
Do you have 1 million rock chips on your front end?
Do you have any broken manifold bolts?
Do you have any cracked manifolds?
Do you have an oil catch can?
Do you have a Hellcat oil pump?
Do you believe in MDS?
Do you have a failed lifter or worn cam?

And how many "Walkers" have you killed?

OP
OP
keepers51

keepers51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Let me preface this by saying I've been driving legally for sixty-two years.
When I chose oil and filter in the day I used 10W30 Pennzoil and Fram filters. Now, whatever the house has works for me.
Nothing leaks.
I just bought this van in July and it's painted with Rustoleum forest green with a roller and a brush at the present time and I'd say no, not actually orange peel, sort of 'texture'.
No rock chips on this rig, yet, but over the years I'm sure!
I have in the past broken an exhaust manifold bolt but not in the past couple decades.
Nor cracked any manifolds.
I no longer have a need for an oil catch can or a Hellcat, so no.
Sorry, don't know what MSD is but it sounds like it has potential.
I have had a failed lifter in the past, not now, and most of my vehicles have had worn cams to some degree. I have shattered a rocker arm on a 1958 Ford Interceptor though if that counts.
Walkers? Can't say!

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate your reply to my silly list of issues these 5th Gens suffer from. You're definitely a good sport.

MDS is multi displacement that shuts down 4 of the 8 cylinders to save a miniscule amount of fuel.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
keepers51

keepers51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Yep. Thought it was a fun list. But didn't want to be a smart ass so gave answers that were as truthful as could be. Glad you took the time.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Of course your welcome! It is a RAM site Not a Ram pickup site. They are just more of them. All part of (in my world) the MOPAR family!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357