I have a brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
When I put the truck into forward or reverse and it lurches in that direction I get a groan from the brakes. Its like the truck is torqued so high that the brakes are doing all they can to hold it in place. Also, when I release the brakes after that initial forward or reverse movement I can hear or feel the brakes release, but only during those two times. The brakes work great, just curious if this is a thing thats common to Hemi's. Again, my 3rd Ram and my 1st Hemi, wanted to ask.

Thanks!

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is it only at high idle? And you got a 3.92 gear? Or is it all the time.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All my Ram 2500's have done that but only when they were still cold.

After some going and stopping I don't hear it again.

OP
OP
Davidloveshishemi

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I thought I had the 3.21, I cant remember the gear number.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does it occasionally, not necessarily when cold. Usually when going from reverse to drive, occasionally when going from park to drive first thing in the morning.

Have never really found a rhyme or reason to it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Lol mine does it all the fawken time.... sounds like a cargo ship's engi engine room where steel is stretching or just moving against other parts... loud as hell lol... I'll get a video of it and post it...

But this only started after I got it lifted and im sure it's because of the weight of the wheels and tires being too much for the OEM brakes lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Mine always gets a hesitation after a stop also. I don't remember if it happened on my 2012 but sure does on my 2015. Seems like tranny upshift engaging or when stopping a downshift from the power these trucks have.