I need help/thoughts/advice on PW I am looking to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again for all the recommendations and compliments!

Order some WeatherTech front and rear floor mats today and getting the front windows tinted to match the rear.

Let the modding begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my first two updates. Although I went with Huskys... same thing.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was my first two updates. Although I went with Huskys... same thing.

I agree, I previously had the weathertech and liked them so I figured I’d go with them again. Thinking about getting the window visors and bed cover next from them next.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Op glad tat you’ve made it back to NJ safe and sound. :)

Thanks, truck drove great. I can’t wait to try and tow my travel trailer this spring with it!

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, truck drove great. I can’t wait to try and tow my travel trailer this spring with it!

What does your trailer weigh?

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our travel trailer is 7000 pounds empty. The wagon handles her like a champ.

View attachment 153500

Nice, that’s great to hear! We also have a Jayco, but a 2018 24RBS.

ec1ff67c885fc23b7db20499845933ad.jpg

I previously towed it with my Tacoma a few times and it was too sketchy, so that’s what lead me to upgrade my tow vehicle

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice, that’s great to hear! We also have a Jayco, but a 2018 24RBS.

ec1ff67c885fc23b7db20499845933ad.jpg

I previously towed it with my Tacoma a few times and it was too sketchy, so that’s what lead me to upgrade my tow vehicle

Heck yea! You will love your new towing experiences. You’ll know its back there just from the added drag/resistance, but there will no longer be any drama with swaying or issues like that.

Nice taco btw. Cool trucks. Im sure you will miss it, but I think you will be much better off with what you now have, especially considering you tow a travel trailer.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heck yea! You will love your new towing experiences. You’ll know its back there just from the added drag/resistance, but there will no longer be any drama with swaying or issues like that.

Nice taco btw. Cool trucks. Im sure you will miss it, but I think you will be much better off with what you now have, especially considering you tow a travel trailer.

I think I will too! Will see after my first tow whether I feel the need for airbags in the rear or something similar. I have a WDH so I’m hoping that will help, just concern about how much the rear will “sit” once hooked up.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

It will be a night and day difference. Your tow rig will now weigh more than your trailer. No more tail wagging the dog. Where or not you need bags will depend on how much weight you also add to the bed. I have bags on mine but my tongue weight is 800lbs plus I add 500+ lbs to the bed.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Also how much drop does your hitch have? I had to get a new one with more drop when I got my PW.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Y'all are making me want a tt even more now. My wife doesn't have an outdoorsy bone in her body, but I almost got her sold on glamping!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I will too! Will see after my first tow whether I feel the need for airbags in the rear or something similar. I have a WDH so I’m hoping that will help, just concern about how much the rear will “sit” once hooked up.

If you have stock suspension/rake, then you will be just fine with a properly setup wd hitch. I was fine too until I leveled my truck. Thats why I have a bag setup too now.

Dang, my hitch is in storage with my tt. Next time I am in that area I will pop in and check it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Y'all are making me want a tt even more now. My wife doesn't have an outdoorsy bone in her body, but I almost got her sold on glamping!

It works great! They think they are roughing it bigtime, yet its nice enough that they can handle it and pretty soon they love it. They get to bring their blow dryers and straighteners lol. Its a real great way to spend time with the wife and kidos too!

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will be a night and day difference. Your tow rig will now weigh more than your trailer. No more tail wagging the dog. Where or not you need bags will depend on how much weight you also add to the bed. I have bags on mine but my tongue weight is 800lbs plus I add 500+ lbs to the bed.

I had Firestone airbags with daystar cradles that I installed on my Tacoma so if I feel the need for them on the PW I might go that route again.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also how much drop does your hitch have? I had to get a new one with more drop when I got my PW.

Not sure the exact drop, but once the weather warms up I will check that to make sure I don’t need a bigger drop hitch. The one I have now is adjustable, but I think it was at the lower end of the hitch

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My wife and I had talked about it for about a year or two and we decided last year to get one. It was the best decision we made. I have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old daughter and all he talks about is when we can go camping again. Talk about making great memories!