I need help/thoughts/advice on PW I am looking to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say if it was in a accident they would had put the decal on to keep soneone from asking. It's a Ram dealership tell them to put on a decal before you get there, if you have as sale price already. I believe the bed has spot welds on it when they build it. Just take a good look under the bed to see if you can find anything also check the cab rear door and frame.

I have told the salesman I want the decal replaced by the dealer and he said “no problem” so we will see.

Great suggestion, I will take a look in person at the truck if it comes back with a good report from the third party mechanic inspecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the reply’s, comments and suggestions. I’m hoping to hear more by Thursday and will update the thread once I hear more.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great color, hope it works out for you. Keep us up.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They don’t have to disclose to you at dealership or report to car fax unless the damage equals 50% of the value of the truck.
Traded my ‘16 limited 3500 Cummins for my PW in 2018 and part of the paperwork on both trucks were witnessed statements “ has your vehicle been in an accident”. My heart sunk because my truck had been hit in the front drivers side wheel $10k ~ worth of damage and it didn’t show up on carfax so I didn’t mention it till we were at the table to do the deal.
I told the business office when The question was asked “ Well, I was hit in the front wheel” the mgr said did it do more than 50% of the value of the vehicle in damage”
I said no, he said fine then put no the vehicle hasn’t ever been damaged.????
Seemed kind of cheesy after I left but then I thought, the Power Wagon could have been in a wreck as well and they didn’t have to disclose ???

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They don’t have to disclose to you at dealership or report to car fax unless the damage equals 50% of the value of the truck.
Traded my ‘16 limited 3500 Cummins for my PW in 2018 and part of the paperwork on both trucks were witnessed statements “ has your vehicle been in an accident”. My heart sunk because my truck had been hit in the front drivers side wheel $10k ~ worth of damage and it didn’t show up on carfax so I didn’t mention it till we were at the table to do the deal.
I told the business office when The question was asked “ Well, I was hit in the front wheel” the mgr said did it do more than 50% of the value of the vehicle in damage”
I said no, he said fine then put no the vehicle hasn’t ever been damaged.????
Seemed kind of cheesy after I left but then I thought, the Power Wagon could have been in a wreck as well and they didn’t have to disclose ???

That’s good to know, I didn’t know that either. I can deal with previous damage done to the truck, but I would like to know and that the repairs were done professionally. I guess that’s my biggest concern, if it was damaged or in an accident.

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the third party inspection report can back pretty good. He used a paint density device that measured the paint thickness. He believed that the area of the missing decal has been repainted based, but said that it appeared that all the body parts appear original and the painted repaired area looked above average.

Salesman said that their body shop was giving them a quote to replace the PW decal and supposedly would be done tomorrow.

So with that being said, I’m hoping to move forward and now work on getting the price down. Fingers crossed things work out and I can join the PW family!

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So, it sounds like the dealer is not being honest with you for the reason behind the missing decal. Is that correct?

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, it sounds like the dealer is not being honest with you for the reason behind the missing decal. Is that correct?

Maybe, maybe not. They (the dealership) are telling me that when the truck was traded in the previous owner told them they removed the decal because they had a company logo on there. The dealership may also not know about the previous damage if it was never provided to them. Either way I think they have a hunch that there was previous damage, but I do t think I would ever be able to tell who was being dishonest, the dealership or the previous owner.

Like I previously said, I can live with previous damage as long as it was professionally repaired and was not major and/or structural which it doesn’t appear that way. Overall the truck got a clean report.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
It is a cpo, whatever that's worth to you. I would bet a shop worker had a little woopsie on the lot and they quickly patched it up and made up a story. No big deal. Doesn't sound like major damage

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you guys tell me if there are one or two factory bed lights on a 2017 PW? The reason I ask is because the truck has one on the passengers side and it appears that there’s a spot for one on the drivers side, but isn’t.

c42491b14e724cd9046f85ea6554c394.jpg

6c7fb86895e68af20e62140464831098.jpg

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it should have one on each side.

At least my rambox ‘16 truck has em on both sides.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Weird. I bet you could use this sketchy uncertainty to your advantage and drop the price significantly

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weird. I bet you could use this sketchy uncertainty to your advantage and drop the price significantly

Even though it maybe a little item I’m trying to get them to replace it. The coin change holder in the center console was also missing so I also brought that to their attention. If they don’t replace it, then I will “nickel and dime” on the purchase price.

The PW decal should be done tomorrow, so little by little I’m getting them to get it where I want it to be!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm, the pw decal is missing on the same side as the light... hmmm.

Oh wait... no its not.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can you guys tell me if there are one or two factory bed lights on a 2017 PW? The reason I ask is because the truck has one on the passengers side and it appears that there’s a spot for one on the drivers side, but isn’t.

c42491b14e724cd9046f85ea6554c394.jpg

6c7fb86895e68af20e62140464831098.jpg

I have a 2017 without the Ram box, there are lights on both sides.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
They CPO it they will fix any damage that occurs due to the accident. I wouldn't shy to far but i would call them on it and play the fence. Maybe find another one?

OP
OP
08taco

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They CPO it they will fix any damage that occurs due to the accident. I wouldn't shy to far but i would call them on it and play the fence. Maybe find another one?

I have called them out on it and they have fixed anything I have told them to so far.

Trust me I have been looking far and wide and have been trying to do my research on each truck I have been interested in. I have two others lined up if this one doesn’t work out. I’m hoping it will because it’s the color I want and has all the options I would choose if I ordered a brand new one.

I’m in NJ and so far I’ve looked at PW’s in NJ, PA, MD and NY. They are definitely hard to come by especially locally.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Unless it came with a “salvage” like price I wouldn’t buy a truck that had been in an accident. People lie and carfax is far from perfect. You never know the extent of the damage and what may pop up once you own it. There are too many perfect trucks out there to compromise. That’s just me though. I wish you the best of luck taco!