I want to upgrade my head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2010 1500.

I would like a nice deck probably a double din.

I dont want NAV or XM .

I just want ipod capabilities with charging.

Is it as simple as buying a new deck and bezel and 1500 wiring harness adapter and plug and play ?

I dont want to rewire my truck just upgrade the deck, also can anyone recommend a good double din

thanks

pmiya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Metra makes installation kits that include a wiring harness. If you check Crutchfield they list stereos that will fit your vehicle. On some of their stereos they include the mounting kit.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I love my Kenwood KDC-BT555U. Of course that is a single din and getting slightly old now, since new ones seem to be coming out every day. But the Bluetooth capability is so great really. And it's getting to be pretty cheap now that's it's getting older

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had great experiences with the Pioneer AVH line and actually put one in a buddies avalanche this weekend. It was the AVH 1600, nothing fancy but did everything he wants for right around 200 bucks.