Idle relearn procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasongt06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the exact idle relearn procedure for a 2014 Ram 5.7 Hemi?

Moab_Rockstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 2500
Engine
5.9L

That's all way more than you actually need to do. A simple battery disconnect will reset all the engine adaptives in the PCM. I know, because I've done it about 208,934 times. Adaptives will be learned; disconnect battery, wait 5 min, reconnect battery; adaptives are gone. That's the standard procedure in the FSM. The capacitors in the module only provide power to the PCM for a few seconds at the very most. They are there to balance out random momentary spikes in alternator voltage.

After a battery disconnect, you should also cycle the ignition from off to run about 7-10 times without starting. This will relearn your pedal adaptive.

To do a throttle learn, cycle the key from off to run (don't start the engine), and wait about 5 seconds. As the fuel pump runs, throttle will also perform a spring test. The throttle blade will perform a full open sweep to learn a number of values for throttle position.

MrMikeR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 365 5.7L
I created new thread how I reset throttle body elm327, because I had same problem

I had throttle problem , It was shaking and turning off so I decided to hook elm327 and Checked codes and there was no pending codes or permanent codes. So I decided to check youtube and came to this app on Google Play "Throttle Reset OBD2", at first I thought it was fake but after trying it yeah it worked". Problem just disappeared how is that possible.