If you're considering the CST 7'' kit for your 2wd HEMI, READ THIS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
First of all, I love the kit, the way my truck looks and I'm 100% happy. I just want to inform those that want to try and maintain a "stock like" ride as far as comfort goes and still run 35's that the 4 inch kit with just the spindles will be the way to go. It is noticabley rougher up front with the coil spacers on top of the stock coils.
After talking to CST about design options etc for the 2wd if you want the full 7'' you are going to sacrafice suspension travel (comfort) up front to get the extra lift.

CST coils are not strong enough to support the HEMI (for now) which is why you use the stock coils with spacers.

Just wanted to let those interested in this setup know what they are getting.

Hope this helps.

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thx very much for that info. ius the ride even rough when u are going with the longer shocks? i thought those were supposed to get rid of the problem with the suspension travel?! do u have the stock or the CST coils?

and the most important.....do u have pics for us:gr_grin:???

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
sorry truesport...just saw the pics on ur other thread - looks really great:)!!!

OP
OP
12TrueSport

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thx very much for that info. ius the ride even rough when u are going with the longer shocks? i thought those were supposed to get rid of the problem with the suspension travel?! do u have the stock or the CST coils?

and the most important.....do u have pics for us:gr_grin:???

The longer shocks are for the rear and the rear feels great, nice and smooth. You're on stock coils up front with spacers to get the extra 3'' to go with the 4'' spindles.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I noticed a better ride when I went to an extended shock with 2" spacers, Im sure it'd help for yours too

grzmnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i wonder why CST switched from the 3" spacer to a new hemi coil for the 2013 trucks?

i went with just the spindles up front and 1.5" spacer in the rear. rides like stock.. ill just do a body lift if i want it bigger

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The 33's with the 7 is not bad at all, it is stiffer than stock but not bad or real harsh, the spacer will increase the stifness.

OP
OP
12TrueSport

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The 33's with the 7 is not bad at all, it is stiffer than stock but not bad or real harsh, the spacer will increase the stifness.

Yeah, I really don't mind it. I just know there will be some out there that expect it to ride like stock or better and will be surprised when it doesn't. I go over these MT Everest style speed bumps every day and that's how I was able to tell the difference. Regular driving still feels great but watch out for those bigger holes/bumps etc...

TEXAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The longer shocks are for the rear and the rear feels great, nice and smooth. You're on stock coils up front with spacers to get the extra 3'' to go with the 4'' spindles.

...but they offer longer shocks on their website for the front, too. or are those offered front shocks as long as the oem ones?!?