In case I did not fix it…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I fixed the rattle in the suspension, but there is a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the front driver side corner either under the dash or maybe in the door (I read this while searching the internet). I took enough of the dash apart to get up in there and secured everything that wiggled. In case that is not the fix, is there anything in the door that you guys have come across that may have a tendency to rattle?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you pretty sure its in the door? There isn't as much in there as there used to be. But there are some wires and who knows...maybe something got left in there from the factory? It might be helpful to watch THIS video:

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure what it is… I thought about maybe the wheel well liner.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Exhaust manifold heat shield ?

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude, a car is composed of thousands of parts… to find a specific rattle is like finding a specific needle in a haystack lol that said, you must REALLY pin point where the rattling is coming from. That is your 1st step. 2nd step in taking a hammer to it… lol jk. 2nd step what is causing the rattle. It can be the most insignificant thing causing the sound; a loose bolt/screw, a plastic touching another plastic, a speaker not being fully tightened, a broken clip etc.

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, it appears that it is/was the wheel well liner bumping against the upper strut mount… I made this quick/temporary fix and the noise went away. Any ideas on a permanent fix?IMG_0876.jpeg
Sorry for the blurry picture… It is a Dixie cup…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat