Information on premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did my swap about 3 months ago, when I feel like paying a local business to do my odometer and hours, I think I got lucky and will have just over $300 in odometer and programming.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fwiw , if your not concerned about the mileage & hrs check with your local DOT .

In Tennessee you can get an odometer form for changing out the instrument cluster / odometer . It must me presented at the time of sale of the vehicle . It does not require a notary ??
If proof of accurate mileage is needed at the time of sale any dealer can tell the real mileage by the OBD or a wireless read within one of their bays [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fontaine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question, I haven't received my 7" cluster, however when it shows up I know it's going to have a scratch on it. I have purchased some plastic polish in the hopes it'll take the scratch off. However, in the meantime I was wondering if I could take the lens off the old cluster and put it on the new one?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Quick question, I haven't received my 7" cluster, however when it shows up I know it's going to have a scratch on it. I have purchased some plastic polish in the hopes it'll take the scratch off. However, in the meantime I was wondering if I could take the lens off the old cluster and put it on the new one?

Unless your old one is also a 7", I believe the answer is no, it will not fit. You can buy a new lens though, they run about $100. Given some info from the cluster, Benny here in the @AllMoparParts.com forum section should be able to get you the part number and forum members get free shipping on orders over $50. *

-K

* Not affiliated, just done business with them a number of times, always with good results.

Rexdogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it matter what engine the cluster comes from? The one I'm looking at came from a V6 and my truck has the Hemi. If I understand correctly, the only designation regarding engines is fuel type?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was kind of curious to know, do the single cab trucks that come with this cluster show a 2 door truck when a door is open or does it default to a quad cab truck?

Great question! I want to know too, anyone that can help please chime in.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I love mine, best mod I ever did next to my 8.4 radio. Thanks to M2mods and Don for all the help, could not have done it without you guys.

cluster4.jpg

cluster2.jpg

cluster1.jpg

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does it matter what engine the cluster comes from? The one I'm looking at came from a V6 and my truck has the Hemi. If I understand correctly, the only designation regarding engines is fuel type?

I don't think the engine size matters, only gas or diesel.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,
I’m having a problem with my 7” evic upgrade.
A little background info:
-I have a 2014 express 1500 crew cab
-I did the RA2 to RA4 mod, bezel and all. Just haven’t flashed the ATC codes in yet.
-I had a 3.5 evic, fully worked with turn by turn displayed (really small and almost useless, btw)
-I found a 2016, 7” evic. Tested it in my truck, the splash screen worked and displayed a graphic, I believe it showed “big horn” or “ram 1500”. So I disconnected it and put it away for a few days.
- drove out to Dominic to have him flash it to the correct miles and hours. He asked me to put it in the truck and he came outside and flashed it to the miles and hours the old one was at.

After the flash, it seems like the turn by turn wasn’t working, it just showed the street names I had to turn onto, no arrow graphics.

Also, the splash screen disappeared.

Everything else works fine.

So far I tried:
-Radio soft reset
-battery disconnect for 10 minutes

Any thoughts?

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just tried to set the turn by turn to “yes” in the bcm with alfaobd. When it displays on the radio, I’ll give that a shot to see if turning it on and off does anything.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just tried to set the turn by turn to “yes” in the bcm with alfaobd. When it displays on the radio, I’ll give that a shot to see if turning it on and off does anything.
It displayed. I unchecked the box and navigated to dinner. LOL. I’ll turn it on on the way home and see if the arrows are back on the evic. Fingers crossed.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It displayed. I unchecked the box and navigated to dinner. LOL. I’ll turn it on on the way home and see if the arrows are back on the evic. Fingers crossed.
Turned it back on after dinner and set the nav for home. The road names came up, but the arrows and roads didn’t.

I don’t know how the graphics could have disappeared altogether. I’ll try setting a different splash screen tomorrow. Like limited or something. (No pun intended)

Isn’t there a setting for “premium evic present” or something like that? Maybe reboot it that way.

Last edited:

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turned it back on after dinner and set the nav for home. The road names came up, but the arrows and roads didn’t.

I don’t know how the graphics could have disappeared altogether. I’ll try setting a different splash screen tomorrow. Like limited or something. (No pun intended)

Isn’t there a setting for “premium evic present” or something like that? Maybe reboot it that way.

So, here’s a new development: I switched the splash screen to “limited” in both special packages options and “limited” displayed. Switched it to “ big horn” in both and “bighorn” came back on. The cluster is from a 2016 big horn, I checked. That’s what displayed before the odo correction. Tried ram 1500, and it displayed also.

It seems that the graphics files are all still there, the cluster just needs to know to display them again. Might be the same for the nav graphics.

I set it to ram 1500 for now

The alfaobd tool is pretty powerful. With the right programming, I bet it would be able to bring back the nav graphics.

Or, the radio is sending the signals through the BCM, and the BCM tells it to the cluster telling/ showing it what to display... logo’s, road names, turn by turn, etc. Only in my case it doesn’t know to display the turn by turn graphics, just the road names.

Last edited:

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
should a 2016 7" evic cluster work in a 2014 express fully? maybe that's the issue i'm having with the turn-by-turn not displaying correctly. i also have a 2014 8.4an vp4.