Inspection Laws Particular To New Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not Yet
Engine
To Be Announced
If you have a 2005 Ram Power Wagon and you get performance exhaust, performance headers, cold air intake, and a Bullydog power programmer.....will any of that effect your motor vehicle inspection?

I know the main thing they do is check your emissions at the inspection.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Depends on your state. Cali needs a stamp on the product. Far as headers as long as you do cats its should still pass emmisions.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Some states are very screwy on their inspections. Where I live they only care about a few things being correct: Headlights working and the correct color, blinkers working, brake lights and running lights working. Now they do have a noise ordinance law that gets a lot of fart pipe runners in trouble and even the loud stereo idiots get in trouble where I live due to noise ordinance laws. Each state is different and you should check into what they allow and do not allow before making any mods.

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know a couple guys who live in Jersey and they all say they are busters. Now their trucks are all lifted so they might be referring to issues about that, I never really asked them about specifics.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I know a couple guys who live in Jersey and they all say they are busters. Now their trucks are all lifted so they might be referring to issues about that, I never really asked them about specifics.

Some states have bumper laws. The bumper cannot be over a certain height above the ground. They do that not to penalize those with lifted trucks but to protect the people in cars from getting run over. But it is the cars that are the problem stopping short in front of the lifted guys.:winner_third_h4h:

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
jersey was super bad before no tint no hid's no nothing when i lived there and if you removed the cats it was like a 5k fine but heard they have changed alot

OP
OP
W

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not Yet
Engine
To Be Announced
jersey was super bad before no tint no hid's no nothing when i lived there and if you removed the cats it was like a 5k fine but heard they have changed alot

Now, all the inspection station does is check your emissions. They got rid of the "mechanical inspections".

The one thing I also worry about is getting pulled over. I just made a post about that though. Like just now.