Is it legal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealers, being greedy AND sloppy, will likely take the "deleted" truck in trade, then sue you for the cost of re-fitting the emissions equipment. You are always better off selling to a person.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How would they sue you for a refit if they accepted it on a trade? The onus to ensure that they're legally buying a truck is on them, not the seller.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last three times I’ve traded in diesels here in NY (different dealers) I’ve had to sign a statement that all of the original emissions equipment was intact and no modifications have been made.
That’s so they can come after you for the cost of restoring to original if it’s discovered after the transaction is complete.

Jim Ballantyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where I live (Wyoming) probably 20% of the diesels are deleted. My son just bought a real sweet 2022 Chevy Duramax 3500 3 months ago from the local dealer. I tried to talk him into a RAM but it was too good a deal. Nobody cares, not the dealers, or those running those rigs. The dealer won't remove or tune but they have lists of shops that do_Our state has never had any vehicle emmissions requirements, ever. We still say FU to the feds!