Is the blower noise really normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brusk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is the blow noise that sounds like bearings/brush noise normal or not? Depending on the forum and thread I've read both. Months ago when i searched I found several cases where they took it back to the dealer and got a quiet one. I just bought one from the auto parts store and its noisier than the one I got. I search today and several threads showing its normal. I have the automatic dual zone climate control in my 2010, but didn't have any noise at all in my 2007 standard climate control, nor does my buddy with 2007 auto climate or neighbor with 2016 auto dual climate. I don't like the noise but don't want to pay dealer prices for an OEM newer blower motor either if that's when it was fixed.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Mine would tick very loud in my 2010 2500, so I ended up having it replaced by the dealer. They did not cover it under warranty though because I was at about 50,000 miles.

OP
OP
B

brusk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm returning the Four Seasons blower and will try a VDO unit from the local parts store to see if that is any better. if not I'll return it and see if the dealer will let me try a new one.

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My blower motor got very noise, sounded like it had a bad bearing. Took 3 trips to 2 different dealers but I was finally able to get it replaced under warranty and it's been quiet since then (about 2 months now I guess). Hoping it doesn't start making noise again. The repair ticket listed the pricing at about $200 for the repair.

OP
OP
B

brusk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure how, the autozone VDO part number went to the same ever something that was the same label and part as the Four Seasons I already tried. Not sure if somebody put it in the wrong box but it was noisy as well. Oreilly's has a Murphy's brand I'll try in the morning.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What noise exactly are you guys hearing? Is it a constant whine that gets worse at higher speeds? Mine was driving me nuts and I finally figured out that the door for my cabin filter wasn't sealing perfectly well. I put a piece of duct tape over the corner that kept popping up and it's been quiet since.

OP
OP
B

brusk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's more of a constant hum, light a slight rub of the motor internals. No squeal, squeak or any easy fix noises. It's more noticeable on lower to mid speeds as the higher speeds drown out the noise. With the Four Seasons I could actually feel the drag spots when I spun it by hand and that's what I could hear. I would expect a brand new motor to have basically no drag and spin freely but so far I haven't found that yet.