Issues after 7" EVIC & Backup Camera Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got 2 issues since doing some mods. Wondering of anyone else has also.

When I upgraded to a 7" Premium Cluster it carried over the oil life status from the old. I subsequently changed my oil after that and reset the oil life. Now each time I pull power from the truck (of course to do more mods :) ) the oil life indicator rolls back to prior to me resetting it after my last oil change. It indicates the mileage from then also in the status. I have to reset twice now and it does not stay through a battery disconnect.

Second issue, I just got done adding the mopar backup camera kit. After successfully installing it, I noticed that my amps were not powering off after the truck went to "sleep" like they normally do. My setup has an AudioControl LC7i and 2 amps. From my battery I have a fused power line running straight to the LC7i, which detects power and then provides turn on to the amps. I cannot figure out why they are not turning off now. Everything else goes to sleep but those. The only thing I wonder is during the install of the backup camera there is a step that requires you to splice into a wire under the PDC, not sure what that wire is but could it have something to do with it?

Hoping someone had a similar situation abd could help shed some light on these 2 querks.

--Steve

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk