It's been a minute! How are all y'all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V-8
Hey! I'm BACK, with some fresh 2005 Ram 1500 4.7L issues for your amusement! Missed y'all! Did you miss me? 159k miles on it.

After I replaced the ECM the truck ran great til now even with P0456. I know, I know, "change the VLD thing already!" Has it really been two anti-problematic years? We had done cam and crankshaft sensors. Cleaned some stuff. Fixed a molten vaccuum hose and the cannister. At some point the PS pump needed replaced. At some point the fuel pump went out. So I left that brake thingy dangling where I found it and never did try to fix it. We don't need no steenkin brake danglies anyhow. (if you don't know what it is, look up my old MYSTERY PART! thread)

Have I got a story for you! The truck got stuck in the mud right in my driveway. I had to call for winch out. He pulled it out and got it stuck again. So instead of hooking it back up, he got in it and stomped on it to get it out. WHY did I let the man touch my truck? omg, what is wrong with me? I just walked away for a second and left the keys in it and the next thing I knew he was IN IT. OH NOZ! It made a noise I never heard before, like it was screaming in terror. But -- I didn't notice anything wrong or weird when I pulled it around to the driveway.

My very next trip to run errands a couple days later with my trusty brake dangly and my faithful P0456 code she started shaking on acceleration on a 70 mph highway. If I took my foot off the gas, there was no shudder. Idle at a stop seemed ok. I thought, ok we got mud somewhere there shouldn't be mud. Oh but nooo... of course not.

On the way back home, on some acceleration, over 2k RPM the CEL started blinking. I took my foot off the gas, the shudder and the blinking stopped. If I kept it at 1500 RPM it didn't blink. 45-50 mph was ok. Good ole CEL P0456 was still there, but now accompanied by this fresh heck P0300.

I reset the thing, took a short trip, the first start and trip, no issues at all, except the wipers turned on when I started it. But on the second start, got P0307. No blinky. Shudder at 2k. No blinky. Oh but geewiz now the windshield wipers turn on every time I start the truck.

So ok, plugs, wires and coils are really due for replacing anyway. Ordered a new cam sensor to go with it. Thought I had one in the glove box, but I guess not. k, k fine, I'll change that VLD thing while I'm at it. Might as well try to kill two codes with one parts run.

But what the heck do you think is up with the windshield wipers? All thoughts and suggestions invited. Have a great day, and chat soon!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bad wiper switch possibly, try replacement and see if that fixes it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat