Jack's Full Dynamat Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out Stinger Road Kill, last time I bought some they had "door kits" which was really affordable and might be just enough for the back wall. However, their "shop pack" can be found for $119+/- and that will take care of your entire truck....kinda nice to have some left overs, as you never know when you might need some

That seems way cheaper than dynamat lol. I new this stuff was expensive, but didn't quite realize lol.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
That seems way cheaper than dynamat lol. I new this stuff was expensive, but didn't quite realize lol.

HA! Dynamat is def the most expensive along with Focal's product. Focal is pricey but they atleast include CCF into their design so it's kinda a two-for-one product. For the record, I bought my 1/8" MLV from a home theater supplies store online for super cheap, BUT when I received it, i didn't like how stiff it was and it made it very difficult to work with. Wish I had the link for others but it's been years

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Holy **** I am happy with this full dynamat install. I need another box of dynamat to finish the roof and hood but the doors and floors are done. I sent back some of the **** I didn't use.

The dynaliner and dynapad really helped.

I am splicing together a teardown tutorial video for the door carrier plate. Will post shortly.

It is eerily quiet, zero rattles and noticeably cooler between stops (errands). I added my amp and Stelathbox and good God this is a different vehicle.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not yet. Need another box of d-mat. Next weekend I think.
In curious to see that as the headliner only comes out through the wimdshield

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I will pull the seats and trim, drop the lights etc and dip the liner down in the front and put the dynamat and dynaliner in then raise the front and drop the rear and do the same. At least that is my plan....

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy **** I am happy with this full dynamat install. I need another box of dynamat to finish the roof and hood but the doors and floors are done. I sent back some of the **** I didn't use.

The dynaliner and dynapad really helped.

I am splicing together a teardown tutorial video for the door carrier plate. Will post shortly.

It is eerily quiet, zero rattles and noticeably cooler between stops (errands). I added my amp and Stelathbox and good God this is a different vehicle.

For the record, I would like you to know that I officially hate you, because I'm going to have to do this now... After I get it done, I'll love you.

That said, thanks for the pics and write-up, much appreciated!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
For the record, I would like you to know that I officially hate you, because I'm going to have to do this now... After I get it done, I'll love you.

That said, thanks for the pics and write-up, much appreciated!

Not cheap, and a pain in the ass install at times, but man is it night and day different. Everytime I get in the cab I smile. It's like a recording studio inside. :happy107:

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Here is the YouTube video (my first, so no negative comments!) on tearing down a door to get to the outside panel. Hope it helps you!

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the YouTube video (my first, so no negative comments!) on tearing down a door to get to the outside panel. Hope it helps you!

Stellar vid brother! best one I've seen for this to date! Thank you!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Stellar vid brother! best one I've seen for this to date! Thank you!

Humbled. Thanks, I lost count of how many times I said "pretty straightforward" LOL.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
When I did my truck, I basically did the 25% on all doors with Stinger Road Kill (butyl based) and the entire back wall and rear floor under the sub box. It made a big difference in mid bass output and tamed a lot of resonances throughout the FR. Then I caught the bug and went balls to the walls like you have. Once the entire truck was deadened, adding CCF and MLV into the equation took it to a whole new level

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
When I did my truck, I basically did the 25% on all doors with Stinger Road Kill (butyl based) and the entire back wall and rear floor under the sub box. It made a big difference in mid bass output and tamed a lot of resonances throughout the FR. Then I caught the bug and went balls to the walls like you have. Once the entire truck was deadened, adding CCF and MLV into the equation took it to a whole new level

Exactly and I have zero regrets. It has to be experienced to appreciate it, but it is night and day.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Great job, man! Thanks for doing the video, I'm gonna have to do it now!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
In curious to see that as the headliner only comes out through the wimdshield

Actually the directions I sourced show it coming out passenger side front seat and that isn't even with seats removed. That said, my plan is all seats removed, a box full of nitril gloves and the pillars wrapped in plastic when I bring this ***** down. I don't want it dinged or smudged. Still dunno if I am going to need to completely remove it, ideally I'd prefer dropping one side, dynamatting and dynaliner then dropping other side to complete it.

A, B and C pillars, coat hangers, lights, visors all have to be undone and/or removed. This is gonna be a PITA. May do a video, as I haven't seen a detailed process for remove/install for a Ram. Gotta get more D-mat first though...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take pictures please!!!

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually the directions I sourced show it coming out passenger side front seat and that isn't even with seats removed. That said, my plan is all seats removed, a box full of nitril gloves and the pillars wrapped in plastic when I bring this ***** down. I don't want it dinged or smudged. Still dunno if I am going to need to completely remove it, ideally I'd prefer dropping one side, dynamatting and dynaliner then dropping other side to complete it.

A, B and C pillars, coat hangers, lights, visors all have to be undone and/or removed. This is gonna be a PITA. May do a video, as I haven't seen a detailed process for remove/install for a Ram. Gotta get more D-mat first though...

ahh dude, you HAVE to do a video.......lol......how else will we know if it's pretty straightforward or not!:happy107:

In all seriousness man, thanks for all the pics and vid......very helpful......as soon as this semester is over I'm doing mine. Probably gonna do the doors first, then headliner, then work my way down to the deck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54