Jay Greene vs Hemifever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you order the tuner from Jay Greene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you order the tuner from Jay Greene

not to my knowledge .you can order it from Diablo or Moe's . Moe's has custom tuning included from hemifever there are other places but those two would be the only two I would order from

tuned by Jay Greene

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok thanks

Flyinryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
maybe you can help us on the misinformation

tuned by Jay Greene

If you're trying to troll me, you're gonna need a better line.

If you are sincerely asking about misinformation, I'll be happy to speak at length about tuning concepts (key word, tuning, not so much the people behind it), but it will be off-forum. I absolutely refuse to lower myself into the "Mean Girls" atmosphere that exists on most forums.

Flyinryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
Hope you don't mind me posting a link to your site. frptuning.com / Flyin' Ryan Performance

So question? I see you have whats called HPTuners tuning without tuning device. Does that mean you send me a tune and I load it in my SCT or Diablo tuner?

No, it is pricing for those who have already obtained a HPTuners interface. Because HPTuners interfaces are not brand specific like SCT and some of the Diablo devices, many people already have them for other vehicles. The HPTuners interface also can be used on more than one vehicle at a time, which is a nice feature.

Flyinryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
Hey Ryan thanks for responding! Nice to see you on the forum as well. I knew when I bought my Diablo( summer sizzler rebate got me to buy a Diablo) I was x-ing myself from being able to have you tune my truck but I might switch down the road so I can use you unless you go and buy Diablo's software later. Until then I'll just be watching over the fence seeing all the great work you're doing.

Sent from the howitzer

I will likely never buy Diablo software. There is no incentive for me to do so, nor do I care to have yet another form of software/hardware to support and stock. It gets very expensive to do so, when any vehicle that is Diablo tuned that I retuned ends up getting re-tuned with HPTuners anyways.

Jay seems to have cornered the truck market pretty well with Diablo CMR, I am happy to let him have it while I focus on SCT/HPT and covering alot of other platforms besides just all things Hemi.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not to my knowledge .you can order it from Diablo or Moe's . Moe's has custom tuning included from hemifever there are other places but those two would be the only two I would order from

tuned by Jay Greene

eBay, Amazon, whoever has the cheapest unless you want one that already has the hemifever tuning.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
eBay, Amazon, whoever has the cheapest unless you want one that already has the hemifever tuning.
yes but I'm thinking of 2015 and up as I'm 2015 so I automatically think that way .if your 14 or lower than yes those places will due just fine

tuned by Jay Greene

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will be hard pressed to beat Moes pricing. And if you find one cheaper verify shipping. Shipping is free from Moes in the lower 48. You can buy the Diablo without HemiFever tuning. Its a drop down menu.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

Also be aware that Diablo will not warranty any tuner that is purchased from a dealer that sells below Diablo's set pricing. Some people dont care about that, but repairs and shipping cost can get expensive real quick if you have any trouble with your tuner.

Moe's and Hemifever have a great deal going because we are basically able to offer these tuners with a warranty and custom tuning included for the base price that you would pay for the same tuner without custom tuning everywhere else. Its a tough deal to beat.

Axel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram
I will likely never buy Diablo software. There is no incentive for me to do so, nor do I care to have yet another form of software/hardware to support and stock. It gets very expensive to do so, when any vehicle that is Diablo tuned that I retuned ends up getting re-tuned with HPTuners anyways.

Jay seems to have cornered the truck market pretty well with Diablo CMR, I am happy to let him have it while I focus on SCT/HPT and covering alot of other platforms besides just all things Hemi.

Let him have it, now that is funny.

O man I'm rolling...

OK I'm done.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone notice the op hasnt posted anything since the original post ;)

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
both of their 93 tunes are different , at least on my truck with my supporting mods. Both make the truck run very good. I could be happy with either tune .

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well here's my experience with both tuners; running the same mods. I liked Hemifever's it was snappy and responsive. When I put on Jay's tune I could feel more torque with it. The truck moved easier with less throttle. The only thing I didn't like about Jay's was the throttle response but I went and upped the throttle booster and now I'm pretty happy with it. I've only ran Jay's for about 50 miles and I'm about to send him a data log so the tune can be nailed down.

Sent from the howitzer

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well here's my experience with both tuners; running the same mods. I liked Hemifever's it was snappy and responsive. When I put on Jay's tune I could feel more torque with it. The truck moved easier with less throttle. The only thing I didn't like about Jay's was the throttle response but I went and upped the throttle booster and now I'm pretty happy with it. I've only ran Jay's for about 50 miles and I'm about to send him a data log so the tune can be nailed down.

Sent from the howitzer
let us know the outcome of the logs

tuned by Jay Greene

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if you order from Moe's does jays come with the price or is it extra

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had Jay do some tunes for my truck. His 89 map was right on the first time. Have to run the tank out and try out his 91 yet. So far I'm satisfied with the performance, but above all is the speed of his customer service.

I have not tried hemifever tunes. I'd like to get one when racing starts again next year so I can compare track time between the two.