Jumper for 2009 2500 Diesel Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fragglicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is this an adequate jumper/charger for my truck? I had to get a roadside assistance jump and purchased this without really looking into it and haven't needed it again. I don't want to open it until I am sure it is adequate, at this point I can still take it back. We have 2 batteries and it says 12V instead of 24V? I am concerned it will not be adequate for the truck. I purchased it at a NAPA auto parts with their recommendation. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
jumper.jpg

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Your diesel is a 12v system...That means the two batteries are hooked up in parallel. If, in the future, you seem to need a jump, try unhooking one battery and see if it starts...If not, hook the other one up and disconnect the one that you had previously tried. A bad battery can bring down a good one, you just don't know which one is bad until you try this. The truck only needs two batteries to start if the intake heater is needed. As to your jump box, it might work and might not...Depends on the condition of the batteries. Sorry, that's the best answer I can give.