Just bought my first dodge truck, what is throwing the cyl 7 misfire code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so as title states, P0307 code is only code truck is throwing. (1999 ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9) i figured i would buy a spark plug to see if $2 would solve my check engine light issue, and it did! for about 50 miles worth of driving. truck would rarely bogg and if no gas was applied, die, if setting still. park or drive. i plan on swapping 5 & 7's plugs and wires, to see if the problem moves to cyl 5... spoke to a guy i know pretty well at autozone and he seemed to think it was a problem with the coil. i was thinking plug wire, or maybe distributor related. but what is hard to pin is why is only does it on occasion... i just wanted to get some ram guy's take on my situation. thanks in advance!

ohh and maybe someone will be able to solve my other issue, 4WL works great as well as 2WH, but truck WILL NOT go into 4WH. the shifter would probably break before it will go in.... shifter seems to be factory, and i have tried stopped in neutral, rolling in neutral, just about everything i can imagine?

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
My 96 ram did the same firing issue on piston #2 I replaced the crank sensor and coil and cleaned the inside of my distributor cap and rotor button.....prob solved

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Edlebrock makes a delicious set of aluminum 2.02 heads...
Just saying...

OP
OP
N

numba20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just thinking Hugh's iron factory heads with upgraded springs... But a fellow member cautioned me about the way he conducts business. So I'm looking into the beefy Odessa heads. $600 fully assembled pair! I just can't fork out that much for edlebrocks. :/