Just Hung Up On Edge TC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I just spoke to edge about a TC and I told him my concerns with towing
And he told me that my best route was a 2600 TC
So I guess I'm going to go with that as soon as I get paid
I'm going to call Matt and order...

I just have 1 question about a TC
I race more on the street then I do at the 1/4 mile
And I'm always racing on rolls 30 roll 20 roll etc...

My question is will there be a lag from a roll ?

And what are the downfalls of a TC In steet driving and street racing ?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
young man, do not take this the wrong way, but you really need to get your knock checked out first before buying a TC or anything else for your tuck. And keep in mind that we all like to race on occasion, but that seems to be all you do with your truck. It will not last very long at all. And if you do have a failure at speed it can be a huge safety issue for you and everyone else around you at the time. Not ragging on you, just voicing my concerns for you. My wife and kids travel the same roads you do.......

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
there will always be a lag, the downside of the drive by wire setup the rams have. other downside to a roll is what gear you're in when you hit it, hit it hard when you're in an OD gear and the trans won't last long.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was a little concerned when I read the title to this thread, thought Edge did a number on you lol, glad to see it was a positive review. I did the same , talked to Edge and placed my order through Moe's on a 2800 and awaiting my install till I get back home! Hope you enjoy the new mod and keep us posted.

OP
OP
A

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
young man, do not take this the wrong way, but you really need to get your knock checked out first before buying a TC or anything else for your tuck. And keep in mind that we all like to race on occasion, but that seems to be all you do with your truck. It will not last very long at all. And if you do have a failure at speed it can be a huge safety issue for you and everyone else around you at the time. Not ragging on you, just voicing my concerns for you. My wife and kids travel the same roads you do.......

I already fixed the knock when I took it back to ram
They looked at it and the oil filter was a defect they changed to oil and filter has not knocked in 2 days sorry I forgot to post

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK I got ya, looked like auto correct got the better of that sentence so I wasn't understanding.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Cant really judge a person asking for help and I have only seen one post of him street racing a Ford and multiple post of track times.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
define street racing? One person's street racing isn't always another person's.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
define street racing? One person's street racing isn't always another person's.

LOL, not sure if that was aimed for TX or myself but I do not do racing only defensive driving here in VA traffic! The only way I can describe it is from what I have seen and heard here on the forum, from a stop and go to a already going start.

OP
OP
A

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need to stop posting stuff up about street racing. This isn't the forum for it

I thought this was the place I could get Awnsers from
This is the only forum i no and like to get real world Awnsers
From...people with real life experience not just what the book says or what the Dyno said or the company says you will get 30 Hp I like the real world Awnsers
If I LISTEND to what the company's say my truck will have 1000hp for 2,500 everything they sale you they always tell you wrong numbers Vararam said 30hp I no for a fact I did not gain 30hp from the VR CAI
So sorry for posting about wanting a real Anwser and not some
B/s he said she said kinda thing I'm just not rich and can't throw money into my truck hoping it works and if it don't no big deal cause I'm rich I don't have that kinda money so that's all I was looking for was a Anwser from you guys cause I no you guys no what your talking about and have personal experience with all types of mods
Sorry my appoligies
You can delete my thread cause I'm not sure how to

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought this was the place I could get Awnsers from
This is the only forum i no and like to get real world Awnsers
From...people with real life experience not just what the book says or what the Dyno said or the company says you will get 30 Hp I like the real world Awnsers
If I LISTEND to what the company's say my truck will have 1000hp for 2,500 everything they sale you they always tell you wrong numbers Vararam said 30hp I no for a fact I did not gain 30hp from the VR CAI
So sorry for posting about wanting a real Anwser and not some
B/s he said she said kinda thing I'm just not rich and can't throw money into my truck hoping it works and if it don't no big deal cause I'm rich I don't have that kinda money so that's all I was looking for was a Anwser from you guys cause I no you guys no what your talking about and have personal experience with all types of mods
Sorry my appoligies
You can delete my thread cause I'm not sure how to

I never said you couldn't come here for answers. I'm all up for dodge talk but it seems that 90% of the posts you make include comments about street racing. I'm trying to keep this as civil as possible. I know nothing I can say over a forum will make you stop but I just ask that you keep that part of your post to yourself.

OP
OP
A

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never said you couldn't come here for answers. I'm all up for dodge talk but it seems that 90% of the posts you make include comments about street racing. I'm trying to keep this as civil as possible. I know nothing I can say over a forum will make you stop but I just ask that you keep that part of your post to yourself.

No problem I won't post anything no more
I won't ask no questions

Sorry

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem I won't post anything no more
I won't ask no questions

Sorry

I think you're mistaking what I'm saying. All I'm asking is for you to leave your street racing comments out of your posts/topics. Sure I like to get up on it every now and then on a public road to feel the hemi power and I'm sure everyone here has as well, but I don't condone street racing as well as many others.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Personally come here to see what I could do to improve my HEMI and have found alot of my questions answered through posts that Adams has made as well as everybody else here. I have never really looked into the rules and regulations to being part of this Forum but would love to here from some of the MODS to if this is Legitimate or not. Great info for us to know so we can avoid situations such as this.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you're mistaking what I'm saying. All I'm asking is for you to leave your street racing comments out of your posts/topics. Sure I like to get up on it every now and then on a public road to feel the hemi power and I'm sure everyone here has as well, but I don't condone street racing as well as many others.

If you don't like his posts don't read them. He's not the only one on here that posts about street racing. We all do it. Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't post. I don't see moderator under your name

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't like his posts don't read them. He's not the only one on here that posts about street racing. We all do it. Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't post. I don't see moderator under your name

First off, we all don't post about street racing. Secondly, this isn't something to support. There is a law against it for a reason. When someone is doing this, they are putting not only their lives in danger, but other people's lives.

So who are they to decide whether or not that street racing is a good idea?