Just installed a Roadnav s160

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark10ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I just installed a Roadnav s160 Android HU in my 07 mega cab with infinity sound system. It works great and I didn't have to modify the dash. It said it wasn't compatible with the infinity system but i got a harness from crutchfield to bypass the HU amp. A lot of wire splicing and now it works. I haven't tried all the features yet but so far so good.

Attachments

• 0524161541.jpg
    0524161541.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 88

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at those a couple months ago, but it was hard to find any really good information about their performance. Let me know how you like it after a couple weeks of good use.

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
Looks good. I thought about getting one but not having siriusxm satellite was a deal breaker for me.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
That looks nice in the woodgrain bezel.

That is possibly a HuiFei head unit, rebranded. Without knowing the processor, it's hard to say. If you are satisfied with it, enjoy it. If you want more options, look over at XDA Developers. My thread in this sub-forum will give you some insight as to some of my observations on HuiFei/Klyde/Joying HUs.

I'll submit some apps you might consider if you want to try some safe tweaks, as these are all through Google Play and I'm sure you can delete them within Settings if you don't care for them.

JetAudio Plus-I find it much more preferable to Poweramp, plus I like the 20-band EQ and the Bongiovi Audio acoustic profiles. IIRC, I'm using Sennheiser 280 headphone profile for my music preferences.

Torque Pro-Great additional vehicle information and CANBUS vehicles will have more data to access than older 3G trucks. Lots of skins available and a variety of gauge sizes/formats. Only trick is to find a BT adapter that will work. Do NOT waste money on the cheap blue ones. Start with the BAFX 345, as it's only ~$5.00 more than the suck-*** blue models.

PC Radio-You'll need a hotspot, but I find it superior to SXM because you have numerous formats and stations within. Now, that jazz station may be in the Canary Islands or that metal station may be in Russia, but that's kinda cool in its' own way.

iGO Navigation-it's a pirate app with tweaks, but it's likely what's on your HU. I didn't quite like that, so I tried HERE Maps and Sygic. Of the two, Sygic is better and fairly regularly you can get a lifetime license for all the world maps for ~$80.00. IDK about Waze, TomTom or Google Maps. I simply prefer iGO for showing addresses and offline availability. I say iGO is pirated because Naviextras/Basarsoft does not show Android HUs as supported. Plus, it's confirmed on XDA.

OP
OP
M

mark10ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
That looks nice in the woodgrain bezel.

That is possibly a HuiFei head unit, rebranded. Without knowing the processor, it's hard to say. If you are satisfied with it, enjoy it. If you want more options, look over at XDA Developers. My thread in this sub-forum will give you some insight as to some of my observations on HuiFei/Klyde/Joying HUs.

I'll submit some apps you might consider if you want to try some safe tweaks, as these are all through Google Play and I'm sure you can delete them within Settings if you don't care for them.

JetAudio Plus-I find it much more preferable to Poweramp, plus I like the 20-band EQ and the Bongiovi Audio acoustic profiles. IIRC, I'm using Sennheiser 280 headphone profile for my music preferences.

Torque Pro-Great additional vehicle information and CANBUS vehicles will have more data to access than older 3G trucks. Lots of skins available and a variety of gauge sizes/formats. Only trick is to find a BT adapter that will work. Do NOT waste money on the cheap blue ones. Start with the BAFX 345, as it's only ~$5.00 more than the suck-*** blue models.

PC Radio-You'll need a hotspot, but I find it superior to SXM because you have numerous formats and stations within. Now, that jazz station may be in the Canary Islands or that metal station may be in Russia, but that's kinda cool in its' own way.

iGO Navigation-it's a pirate app with tweaks, but it's likely what's on your HU. I didn't quite like that, so I tried HERE Maps and Sygic. Of the two, Sygic is better and fairly regularly you can get a lifetime license for all the world maps for ~$80.00. IDK about Waze, TomTom or Google Maps. I simply prefer iGO for showing addresses and offline availability. I say iGO is pirated because Naviextras/Basarsoft does not show Android HUs as supported. Plus, it's confirmed on XDA.
Thanks for the info and app suggestions. I read through your thread several times before I bought the radio and as i was installing it. Thanks for the help.
Roadnav.com has a pretty good support forum on their site. They make versions of this radio to fit all kinds of cars.
I'm anxious to try torque pro, I have the app and an obd for my old truck, it's still in there. I'm doing some work on that truck.
I figured I needed a good equalizer to adjust the sound, I will try jetaudio. I use Spotify all day for my music.
It did come with igo, I've played with it a little. We're getting ready for a road trip so I'll get more of a chance then.
I haven't installed the backup camera, with a mega cab I wasn't sure how much cord I would need. Did you install one? If so, where did you route it out of the cabin?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I do have a backup camera from Auto Pumpkin. It's one of the license plate frame models. It has an aluminum frame and is ideally situated to see receiver hitch. The only thing bad I read about them is the adjustment screws rust, so I dabbed some caulk on them. It's been subjected to a lot of rain with no issues. And, it's just ~$35.00.

Keeping in mind having pulled the dash just after Christmas to replace cores/doors, I wanted to route wires where it wouldn't impede servicing the truck. I ran the two wires through a grommet in the firewall by the other main harnesses and tie-wrapped them to the HVAC harnesses. All I'd need to do if I pulled the dash would be to remember to feed the wires back in the opening behind the radio.

To the camera, I ran the wires on top of the frame in some 3/4" poly tubing and a spiral cable wrap for more flexibility where it transitioned up the firewall-the corrugated stuff would be fine. The bushings the cab sits upon have just enough room to do this with that size pipe. 1/2" poly will work, as the biggest thing in there was feeding one of the two wires with an RCA connector. The wires with that that camera and my routing were inadequate (I have a QCSB, for reference). I needed a 12' RCA jumper to make up the difference, along with most of a 25' coil of 16 ga. wire. You would probably be fine with the 25' coil of 16 ga. but would probably need to get a component cable (guessing) more like 16'. I didn't have more than maybe 6"-8" of slack.

IMG_0136_zpsieh45byf.jpg

Under cab. The other conduit is for an inverter. Nice to have, out in the field.

IMG_0137_zps4dbz68yd.jpg

Under bed.

IMG_0138_zpsg3vsxh02.jpg

Here's a pic of the inverter under the back seat, in case anyone has considered doing this. This is about as big as I think one could go in this location and I've only a stock alternator (135 amps, I think). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girldogvan