I just installed a throttle controller.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had one of these in my '19 Classic and I loved it so when I seen one on Amazon Vine I had to get it. For those who don't know, Amazon Vine is a testing program where you can order from a select list of stuff free of charge. You just have to write a review. You get to keep the items. It's invitation only by Amazon.

Anyway, I installed it 10 days ago and it really woke my truck up just as it did on my '19. No codes and no issues. I did tow with it and it made a big difference with starting of the line. Here's the one I ordered.

Throttle Accelerator Controller Booster 9 Mode Drive Improve vehicle throttle sensitivity Fits For Chevrolet Dodge Jeep Chrysler Hummer Nissan https://a.co/d/aNOAfSO

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I did tow with it and it made a big difference with starting of the line.
I can see a throttle booster for making the Hemi fun pedal even funner when one is out doing some spirited driving but it's not something needed for towing. It doesn't do anything for the torque band of the engine. If anything it's libel to heat the transmission fluid up more as the torque converter won't lock up as fast due to the greater torque demand from basically mashing the pedal to the floor.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can see a throttle booster for making the Hemi fun pedal even funner when one is out doing some spirited driving but it's not something needed for towing. It doesn't do anything for the torque band of the engine. If anything it's libel to heat the transmission fluid up more as the torque converter won't lock up as fast due to the greater torque demand from basically mashing the pedal to the floor.
I didn't get it for towing so I can always set it to stock when I tow. That's not a big deal to me. It does give me confidence in the controller because it didn't throw a code when towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93