K&N oil filter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use Mobil 1 syn oil and filter every 5k on my 17 ram 5.7. Went to the auto zone and they where out of the Mobil 1 filter and had K&N. The guy said the filter will last 2 oil changes. Seems like ******** and I checked the K&N site and didn't see anything about this. Any truth to this?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Read oil filter in my sig, there are filters that last two oil changes, but k&n aint it.

K&N did test the best out of the paper filters. But buy Royal Purple, Amsoil, Fram Ultra and-or Wix XP if you want two oil change media. I have cut my filters open for years and have been reporting them in the syn thread, spun microglass RP filters not only finished first in this test, but after two years in my truck was still like new.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
M1 filters are combo filters, as you can see in the test the combo filters are better then paper, but not as good as 100% spun microglass. You go back and teach that fella something.

spun microglass lasts longer, filters better, and flows better, the only downside is cost and Fram Ultra has pretty much closed that gap as well.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow, Good to know! Ill read up some more on this. Thanks!