Katzkin leather seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samuelscreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Has anyone installed their own katzkin covers? Just wondering if there's any tips or tricks. I'm going to start with the rear bench Saturday

OP
OP
S

samuelscreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Good times, Took an hour for the rear. 3 hours for the seats and another 2 hours for the console.. but it looks great !

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you want to get the wrinkles out of the leather you can soak a hand towel in really hot water, wring it out, and lay it on the spot. The leather will tighten up in that spot and any wrinkles will disappear. They should tighten up on their own in the heat over a longer period of time but the towel trick gets it looking tight right away.

OP
OP
S

samuelscreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yeah, I'm waiting for it to get hot to get the wrinkles out.
I found an ebay wholesaler for $430 . I got lucky and it was exactly the color and fit for my truck.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Yeah, I'm waiting for it to get hot to get the wrinkles out.
I found an ebay wholesaler for $430 . I got lucky and it was exactly the color and fit for my truck.

Did this wholesaler have quad cab kits. Everything I see is for crew cabs

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to get the wrinkles out of the leather you can soak a hand towel in really hot water, wring it out, and lay it on the spot. The leather will tighten up in that spot and any wrinkles will disappear. They should tighten up on their own in the heat over a longer period of time but the towel trick gets it looking tight right away.

This, or wanted to add Steam is the best options for "stretching wrinkles out and to get the leather to lay down.

Here is a good link with videos for info and a reference for the install

https://www.leatherseats.com/leathe...ps-and-tricks/using-steam-during-installation

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Just To be sure the quad cab and crew cab rear benches are different sizes or are they the same I thought I had read the crew rear seat is bigger

OP
OP
S

samuelscreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
rear crew are bigger, I have a quad cab. i used a heat lamp on the back to get that to lay flatter and be easier to install. 20160408_111809_zpsspbnw4gy.jpg

nikeaddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
Engine
V8
Are they expensive? I was planning to go for neoprene seat covers but the picture of the leather seat cover posted above looks great.

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Are they expensive? I was planning to go for neoprene seat covers but the picture of the leather seat cover posted above looks great.

$700-900 for leather to just buy. You can also get installed for around 1200 total with cost of leather included in that number.
cc1cf6bdf18ad3eebcfb87139526aaea.jpg87dcf3a0dd02cce6d45922e3d71b88db.jpg

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did this wholesaler have quad cab kits. Everything I see is for crew cabs

Clazzico (spelling) for cheap on line but they say goes over factory seats and you don't need a puller so is that more like a seat cover even though they say it is real leather and pref.

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$700-900 for leather to just buy. You can also get installed for around 1200 total with cost of leather included in that number.
cc1cf6bdf18ad3eebcfb87139526aaea.jpg87dcf3a0dd02cce6d45922e3d71b88db.jpg

My Katzkin dealer quoted 899 installed FYI

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Clazzico (spelling) for cheap on line but they say goes over factory seats and you don't need a puller so is that more like a seat cover even though they say it is real leather and pref.

I already have clazzio. I was thinking of upgrading to Katzkin when I saw ebay prices but I cant find a set for quad cab

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I already have clazzio. I was thinking of upgrading to Katzkin when I saw ebay prices but I cant find a set for quad cab
Why the upgrade? Clearly if Katazkin is better then that's my route

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

samuelscreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

I purchased on ebay from penguloetrim. They have a set of quad cab seats on now.

I think the Katzkin are better than the clazzio's. They provide aftermarket support for the big 3, the local dodge deal is installing their outlaw edition on some of their trucks. And it's what Ram put in their Rebel edition.

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased on ebay from penguloetrim. They have a set of quad cab seats on now.

I think the Katzkin are better than the clazzio's. They provide aftermarket support for the big 3, the local dodge deal is installing their outlaw edition on some of their trucks. And it's what Ram put in their Rebel edition.

Ordering mine tomorrow, I am going black on black but debating stitching was going black but the color that matches the diesel/upper dash in called Lapis which is the match. I have the black top edition with flat black stripes and the silver trim on the center console and center stack on the radio I am painting black so should I stay black or a little contrast with the dash the way to go?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 228