Katzkin leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got mine from the dealer I bought the truck from they had them installed. About to order a different set in a few months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Got mine from the dealer I bought the truck from they had them installed. About to order a different set in a few months

Why are you going to order a new set? Problem with the current set or just looking for a change?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why are you going to order a new set? Problem with the current set or just looking for a change?
Just looking for a change 40k miles on current set no discoloration or tearing looks like new still.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didnt get mine there, but you can customize a Katzkin set on ShopSar.com

I got a custom set through an Ebay seller about 1.5 years ago but not sure if they are still there on Ebay or not.

Note that if you want Katzkin and must have any FCA-related logo, the only way to get it is through the dealer. 3rd parties cannot print it (copyright/trademark protected)

bigdodge

Reaction score
Just looking for a change 40k miles on current set no discoloration or tearing looks like new still.

Hit me up if u want to sell the old ones. Might be interested

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine from eBay. I think it was $600 or so then i just put them on myself. If you decide to go that route you will definitely need a pneumatic hog ring tool. They're expensive. I just bought one then sold it after I was done.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a Gearwrench hog ring tool....pneumatic I didnt think was very necessary, you can get away with a good quality hand powered hog ring tool.

Honestly I felt there wasnt actually that many rings to deal with. I replace a full set of seat covers on a 1967 Mustang....THAT had a lot of hog rings (because plastic clips stitched into the covers did not exist back then)

Justin Everett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine from eBay. I think it was $600 or so then i just put them on myself. If you decide to go that route you will definitely need a pneumatic hog ring tool. They're expensive. I just bought one then sold it after I was done.

Would hand hog ring pliers work in a pinch?

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eBay.. think I paid $450 for the set. Then another $250ish for install lol.. once summer hit the wrinkles worked themselves out and the leather tightened up. This is an old picture.

IMG_0093.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Purplert have you noticed the rear of the driver seat bottom getting "loose" after you sit on it?

My Katzkin set is doing the same (in your last pic it looks like its starting?) Its clipped in correctly, but the clip itself seems like it should take a lot more effort to put on and take off, but it doesnt.

I installed mine myself but this is the only real issue Ive found. not sure if maybe as you use it and it heats and cools in the sun will it start to tighten itself up or not.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To be honest... I haven’t had anyone or myself sit in the back since I’ve had it done months ago... a few reasons... shortly after I went to guam for work for a few months and of course my Ram stayed behind and I typically work on the road so either the seat stays up and I use the fold flat floor to store whatever I don’t want wet and everything else goes in the bed. I’ll be heading back home at the end of the months and I’ll take a look.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest... I haven’t had anyone or myself sit in the back since I’ve had it done months ago... a few reasons... shortly after I went to guam for work for a few months and of course my Ram stayed behind and I typically work on the road so either the seat stays up and I use the fold flat floor to store whatever I don’t want wet and everything else goes in the bed. I’ll be heading back home at the end of the months and I’ll take a look.

Thanks. I was referring to the drivers front seat bottom, BTW

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oops...

Hmm I don’t recall it being a issue but at the end of the month when I’m back home I’ll double check

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oops...

Hmm I don’t recall it being a issue but at the end of the month when I’m back home I’ll double check

Thanks.

Im thinking I might need new seat foam, even though the donor seats came out of a 2015 I suppose its possible the foam is "flat".

Will have to transfer the seat heater pad as well....shouldnt be too hard, just takes some time.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Purplert have you noticed the rear of the driver seat bottom getting "loose" after you sit on it?

My Katzkin set is doing the same (in your last pic it looks like its starting?) Its clipped in correctly, but the clip itself seems like it should take a lot more effort to put on and take off, but it doesnt.

I installed mine myself but this is the only real issue Ive found. not sure if maybe as you use it and it heats and cools in the sun will it start to tighten itself up or not.

I find mine to be the same too...

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find mine to be the same too...

Ive been texting the shop I bought my covers from. He mentioned that adding a few hog rings should help but he also said he would send me pics of a similar install on a Tundra, so Im anxiously awaiting them.

The crux of the issue seems to be the fact that there is no left-to-right hog ring "stick" in the seat cover other than one at the seam of the front section. The only other thing holding the seat bottom cover tight (front to back) is a plastic clip that rolls over the seat cushion spring underneath. It is that clip that seems loose when I sit on the cushion.

I *think* what the dealer was saying was to hog ring through that clip and onto the seat cushion spring, but Im not sure, and dont want to try until he shows me what he does.

Another thought I had was to buy the "mating" plastic clip to what is on the seat cover, then stitch straps to it that I could clip or tie onto another part of the cushion frame to keep the original clip under tension at all times.