Laramie wheels on a limited???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm considering running a separate setup for summer and winter. I found a deal on 22" Laramie wheels and I'm assuming there are no issues but curious if anyone has done it? I'm going to put AT tires on the Laramie wheels for winter and keep the stock GY touring tires on the Limited 22" wheels.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
On the Gen5 trucks, the OEM 18", 20" and 22" rim/tire combos are the same diameter (Rebel excluded) so the speedometer will be correct.. They're all interchangeable.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
I've seen new take-off wheels and tires at a dealership, priced at
$1,000. That may be a good way to go. They will be more of a
summer all-season tread however.
One downside to 22" is that they ride noticeably rougher, and tires are
the highest priced of all sizes.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If I were running separate tire/wheels for winter I would run 18s in winter. Larger sidewall = more flex. More flex = more traction.

Then again, a true winter tire (such as Blizzack DMV-2) on a 20" wheel works awesome - I've used that on both my Rams.

True winters on a 22" wheel will work way better than the stock "no season" tires, but personally I would not consider running winters on 22s. Even if they were free (I'd sell them and get 18s).

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found a deal on a set of 22" Laramie wheels so I'm going to have some A/T's mounted on them that way I don't have to worry about calibrating my speedometer. If they don't work out, I'll drop down to 20" wheels. Now just need to decide which tires I want to go with.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I found a deal on a set of 22" Laramie wheels so I'm going to have some A/T's mounted on them that way I don't have to worry about calibrating my speedometer. If they don't work out, I'll drop down to 20" wheels. Now just need to decide which tires I want to go with.
I don't remember all the responses on this thread, but you can have the same OD with 18, 20 & 22" rims. No need to recalibrate the speedometer. Just a matter of selecting the right width/aspect ratio. Which you can tell by looking at what factory options there are.