2023 Limited tires and wheels for winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sleddin04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys, thanks for the post.
So I have a new 2023 Limited with 22’s on it. I want to keep the rims clean and add a second set for winter. I found a set of 18” take off rims from a 2023 Rebel. Curious what people’s thoughts are by reducing the rim size by 4”. I’ve seen 20” combos on market place, but the tires are always trash and they want all the money for them. These 18’s are like new with the sensors and only $50 each. Add a set of tires and I’m off and running... Your thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1C37BC0E-F360-4C29-A8E7-7596899DB648.jpeg
    1C37BC0E-F360-4C29-A8E7-7596899DB648.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
S

Sleddin04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I get that. My brother moved to NC years ago after being a New England boy all his life. His biggest complaint is their law down there that allows for bald tires to remain on vehicles. So when it rains, they have no grip and it turns into a nightmare. Much like our pace car setting people who are afraid of a little snow! Can't win anywhere outside of AZ? But then, the tires might melt! ha-ha!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sounds like a good plan. Esp if you think this truck is a 'keeper' and you want to own it for the long term. If you plan to trade it off in a couple years, I doubt the next owner will care or appreciate the care you took. But it might be nice to have a change of wheels every yr too. If you go with a good winter or all-season tire, it should be a little safer too (in the snow).

Do an extra-good job of washing the winter wheels clean each spring, Let them sit in the sun to thoroughly dry out before you put them away.

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Yeah, I get that. My brother moved to NC years ago after being a New England boy all his life. His biggest complaint is their law down there that allows for bald tires to remain on vehicles. So when it rains, they have no grip and it turns into a nightmare. Much like our pace car setting people who are afraid of a little snow! Can't win anywhere outside of AZ? But then, the tires might melt! ha-ha!
And don‘t forget the pace cars always runs with the 4 ways blinking!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What law is this? NC boy all my life and our annual state inspections require a certain tread depth. Now you can ignore the inspection and hope you don't get pulled for a dead tag or your tires can reach critical level after the inspection... and of course some "good ol' boy" shops just rubber stamp you and send you on your way. But that's a minority of cars on the road.