Last Ram I will ever purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I REALLY hate you are having these troubles. However I am VERY glad I bought a DS but that does not help you at this time. Other than having to drop the headliner for the shark fin, if I were in your boat I would repair the RAM myself and be done with the frustration of fighting with these idiots. Yes I do know it is the principal of the matter BUT what is your sanity worth? I have had some tales I can tell you myself about these dealers and honestly I doubt I will ever buy new again. I do love my RAM but buying new again more than likely will NOT happen again. I will buy cheap and from a private seller. P*SS ON FCA & RAM dealers!!!

Where do you expect to find cheap and from a private seller together?
None around here.

I bought my '21 Warlock new in January of '22 with and extended warranty and a few add ons for $3-5K more than a 2 year old used Ram with about 20-30K miles.

I looked at many used trucks/private sales in Canada and New York, they all were outrageously overpriced.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
Where do you expect to find cheap and from a private seller together?
None around here.

I bought my '21 Warlock new in January of '22 with and extended warranty and a few add ons for $3-5K more than a 2 year old used Ram with about 20-30K miles.

I looked at many used trucks/private sales in Canada and New York, they all were outrageously overpriced.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

I am glad your opinion is worthless to me. I do not care about your Warlock . I have bought cheap trucks (most RAMs) many times in the past and if needed I will do it again as I stated. Even got a GREAT deal on both my new 19s . It can be done if you are not sitting on your butt but are getting out looking.

Last edited:

Dominic P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
I guess I'm lucky I found my crack while under warranty. I was unaware of the bulletin. Just noticed some staining on the headliner and figured I had a leak.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
just the luck of the draw. I bought one of the first '19 laramies that my nearby dealer got in and it was probably the best truck I ever owned. it was a ccsb 4x4 with sport hood and e-locker, offroad, 3.92 rear end, 33gal. tank, tow pckg..drove great and towed our camper great. I dreaded getting rid of it but we bought a 5th wheel and I couldnt afford to get an HD truck without trading in my '19.

Kdm2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
Our stories are similar. I’m on my 4th Ram. You can add electronic glitches that have never been resolved since new, and 3 cracked exhaust manifolds in the past year’ish. When Ram Doesn’t Care finally respond they refer you to the dealership and the dealership refers you back to the former. You can escalate this to the BBB etc but this shouldn’t be a requirement of ownership.

Do you have a link to that TSB or a copy of it?

I have a year of extended warranty left so have a tough decision on what to do. A truck with 40000km should have lots of life left in it but the repair bill over the past year would’ve been horrendous outside of warranty.

Kdm2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check https://www.ramforum.com/threads/last-ram-i-will-ever-purchase.204177/post-2847174

There's also a screenshot of an Instagram post showing the TSB earlier in this thread.

Thx. Couldn’t get the instagram to open on my phone but found this since my last post. Came back to share it but you beat me to the punch.

I recall getting a letter regarding the third light warranty extension but I don’t recall it saying anything about the window. I’ll have to try find it to confirm.

Attachments

• backlite.pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 8

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been driving Ram trucks since 1975 and now have a 2019 fifth gen Ram 1500 Laramie Sport with off road package 4x4 loaded! I have 64-k on it now and most of the miles have been pulling a 34ft 8k Rockwood TT ! I have had zero issues of any kind and the only time it has seen the dealership other than when I bought it is for oil changes and a new set of tires at 52 -k miles. Sounds like you have a worthless dealership if the A-Holes won't fix issues, by the way in my experience the fifth gen is the best Ram to date from the ride to the performance and the looks.

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues with my 22 Bighorn so far except a self-inflicted scratch and dent that I am responsible for after backing up to unload some brush at the local landfill when I backed into a protruding tree branch.

jeffro2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d rather deal with water leak than engine or transmission issues any day.

avdk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never had a problem with my 2021 RAM 1500 Sport. It drives great, all options work and no leaks. I bought it used at a RAM dealership with extended warrenty. It only has 64000 km and much more to come hopefully.

BYRON D CAGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

bluecheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can understand your frustration, but it seems like every car maker these days is having issues with their vehicles. My Ram has been in the shop since September 28. I had to make the appointment a month and a half ahead of time. 2 weeks for parts to arrive. Multiple issues with the truck, some of which are from their own shotty practices.

My friend's 2019 Ford F250 just got out of the shop for some electrical issues. His wife's brand new Bronco has been in and out of the service department for various issues.

I just spent this morning putting oil in my coworker's Hyundai, because yesterday the service department supposedly fixed an oil leak on her car, but decided to not replenish the oil that either leaked out or was removed when they fixed the leak. She asked why her oil light was still coming on, and when I checked the dipstick it was bone dry.

I think its a mixture of issues keeping employees and just general incompetence, like we're seeing in just about every other business in this country.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya, I hit the wrong button, but it is what it is ...
Nope, not received any Letter. Wonder if that is FCA Canada pushing as opposed to the states? Hmmmmmm.

ADDED: I got one of the 1st 5th Gens built in April 2018, and except for poor AC, happy with the ride. Starts up, goes vroom, got a radio, heat, some AC, be OK< lol.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can understand your frustration, but it seems like every car maker these days is having issues with their vehicles. My Ram has been in the shop since September 28. I had to make the appointment a month and a half ahead of time. 2 weeks for parts to arrive. Multiple issues with the truck, some of which are from their own shotty practices.

My friend's 2019 Ford F250 just got out of the shop for some electrical issues. His wife's brand new Bronco has been in and out of the service department for various issues.

I just spent this morning putting oil in my coworker's Hyundai, because yesterday the service department supposedly fixed an oil leak on her car, but decided to not replenish the oil that either leaked out or was removed when they fixed the leak. She asked why her oil light was still coming on, and when I checked the dipstick it was bone dry.

I think its a mixture of issues keeping employees and just general incompetence, like we're seeing in just about every other business in this country.
THERE just is NO QC any more. I would be worried if I had to ride around on any vehicle, watever like Govt stuff built on lowest Bids. But to me seems since the pandemic, Quality Control has disappeared to neva be found again. Seems like the attitude is: Like it or Lump it. I know it is not all around, there are still some respectable shops etc, but OMG it is hard to get decent QC or PPL standing up behind their product(s) anymore. Just IMHO.

bluecheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
THERE just is NO QC any more. I would be worried if I had to ride around on any vehicle, watever like Govt stuff built on lowest Bids. But to me seems since the pandemic, Quality Control has disappeared to neva be found again. Seems like the attitude is: Like it or Lump it. I know it is not all around, there are still some respectable shops etc, but OMG it is hard to get decent QC or PPL standing up behind their product(s) anymore. Just IMHO.

It doesn't help that just about everything is disposable these days. Nothing lasts. I have 20+ year old tube TV that is still going strong. Every single HD flat screen I've owned has never made it past 5 years. Same with appliances.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It doesn't help that just about everything is disposable these days. Nothing lasts. I have 20+ year old tube TV that is still going strong. Every single HD flat screen I've owned has never made it past 5 years. Same with appliances.
I have an old space-heater, the type that has the long heated strips, with a fan in the background that pushes out the heat. Used it for working under cars in the early 70's. That sucker gotta be 50 years old now, and it is still running, currently on my "inside" porch to keep the temp in the 60's. Show me a new space ne thing last that long. Heck, I got some of my Dad's Husky tools from the 50's . Also got an Old B & D drill, the small 3/8", that were colored green and steel, that puppy over 50 years old now. Just kinda hard to use chuck key on it, worn out. YEP, things made to go and throw, IMHO.

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a new 2023 that has not gone thru a winter. I have a camper shell/topper ordered. With that on I won't be able to get to the third light without removing the shell. Do all the third lights leak and should I remove and silicone the gasket? Or is there a better fix?
I have a 5th Gen 1500 Hemi Laramie and the 3rd brake light leaked onto the interior headliner. I removed the light, put in new gasket and silicone gasket before placing the light back in. No problems so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat