Last Ram I will ever purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a new 2023 that has not gone thru a winter. I have a camper shell/topper ordered. With that on I won't be able to get to the third light without removing the shell. Do all the third lights leak and should I remove and silicone the gasket? Or is there a better fix?
I have a 5th Gen 1500 Laramie 2020. The 3rd brake light leaked onto the interior headliner. I removed the light, gasket, replaced the gasket and silicone the gasket before installing the light. Good so far and it's been about 11 months.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've never really found it necessary to silicone the gasket. At some point the bulb will need to be replaced and it will be fun trying to remove it.

Just buy a decent quality gasket, spend the time to properly clean off the old one, and you should be all set. The moforkit gasket on Amazon is my go-to. It's like $11 and works perfectly. I've never had to replace one more than once.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you read that TSB, would it definitely apply if your truck was sold and used in the USA?

If yes, I'd start with sending them a copy of the TSB, along with the details of your vehicle (VIN, purchase date etc) via registered mail and demand satisfaction.

Also, file a detailed complaint with the BBB and include a copy of that in your post to Ram Canada.

Some organizations won't do squat until they start to see documentation that could result in costing them money and/or bad PR.

Sounds like even after 3 reincarnations, that chrysler's first go to is deny, deny, deny. Sad that they have learned nothing over the years.

OP
OP
Explorer682

Explorer682

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on my 5th Ram and the 2019 5th Gen will be my last due to the absolute worst quality build . The lastest is the infamous cracked rear slider . Water pouring into the vehicle, headliner,floor and who knows what else totalled . Found the TSB bulletin 23-098-23 that extends the warranty to 8 years only problem Ramcares, Ram Canada and the dealer won’t acknowledge it . Basically everything leaks on this pos **** truck , shark fin , 3rd beak light and now the rear window. It’s been a long list with of other issues as well .After owing several Rams over 35 years I will never purchase another . Only 47kms , 2019 Sport loaded , includes rear seat bathtub option , make an offer!
Update: well after much back and forth I had a replacement rear slider installed today . My local dealer replaced it under a “good will”‘warranty. Ram Canada still won’t acknowledge the TSB , totally unacceptable. The dealer supplied the glass ( third version of that component) and it was installed by a glass shop. I had a few quotes $1200. CAD , glass would have cost me $800 from dealer aftermarket was more $$.Glass shop says they’ve lost count of how many they have replaced,some under warranty some customer out of pocket. Overall disappointing ….but that’s Ram Canada for ya. And Ram Cares should be renamed to Ram don’t Care, totally useless .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357