Late model 2014-2016 Hemi tick or other dealer said was normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Please this does not pertain to the exhaust bolts or manifold tsb on older 2012 and back unless you have a newer 2014-2016 that had that issue.

Ok ive read many posts about the hemi noises the dealer blew off as NORMAL but not once have I heard what the dealer said caused it!
Has anyone who has had a dealer tell them the noise is normal ever made them tell them what it is? A noise that cant be determined as to what cause's it can not be considered normal. Please tell us what was said by the dealer and what size motor you have 5.7 other

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Hard to find a Best Opinion when dealing with those Guys so this is a good place for opinions and first hand experience. I am Luckey my 14 purrs like a kitten, I pulled into a Dealer parking Lot one time with my Modded 05 Magnum and the Head Mechanic ran out with a concerned look on his face and said oh my god have you got valvetrain problems son, so I popped the Hood and showed him the mill running and he quickly shut up. In my case the milled performance Inertia heads and choice of Oil and pushrods makes it tickey but Nice.

I agree with a possible manifold bolt causing the tick but IMO that is remote unless you drive in a wet and humid salt winters driving environment (Not my case). Easy to fix.

Crappy spec/designed pushrods that go Oblong and get stuck in a pocket pattern on the rails (3rd gen experience).
Worn Lifters (as soon as 70K miles according to some) I have seen this at 160K miles on older 3rd Gens.and Piston slap on cold start that amplifies the problem.

Choosing a good Oil Brand and spec could help but the Tick is what it is.

So for Me one quiet Hemi and one Tickey all-motor hemi. Danny

OP
OP
RodRam

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks but the thread is aimed at late models only that wont have many miles some noisy from day one and have ticks,taps or other the older models had issues that were addressed so looking for newer findings.