Leak in air conditioning, water from "hole" in plastic housing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee_H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Purchased a 2020 Ram crew cab 1500 classic. Recently temperature increased outside and I'm using the air conditioning instead of rolling the window down. This started a bad rotten smell as the truck is parked. I located a leak on the floor of the front passenger seat. I then found a "hole" just as the condensor housing turned to go to the drain. I'll try to post a low res video if possible. Is there a good, workable fix for this curved location. I know first answer will be go back to the dealer but the dealer is in Southern New Jersey and I'm now in North Carolina. So the gasoline and missed work will be a high cost to go that route. I tried posting a 3GP (text message video) but it would not load.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
videos need to be post to a hosting site like YouTube then share the link.
If you have water leaking into the cab, turn the front wheel hard to the left, makes it easier to get to the condensate drain which is right above frame rail. Check that if it's plugged.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
You should be able to go to any RAM dealer for warranty work ! You fix could turn out to be expensive
The water on the floor could be a plugged AC drain

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased a 2020 Ram crew cab 1500 classic. Recently temperature increased outside and I'm using the air conditioning instead of rolling the window down. This started a bad rotten smell as the truck is parked. I located a leak on the floor of the front passenger seat. I then found a "hole" just as the condensor housing turned to go to the drain. I'll try to post a low res video if possible. Is there a good, workable fix for this curved location. I know first answer will be go back to the dealer but the dealer is in Southern New Jersey and I'm now in North Carolina. So the gasoline and missed work will be a high cost to go that route. I tried posting a 3GP (text message video) but it would not load.
If you can gain access to the hole. you can apply some sealant to it.... only if it is clean and dry.