Lean Condition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MT_Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having an intermittent lean condition (P0171/P0174) it started after I had to change out the MAP sensor. It's very inconsistent. Clear the codes and they are gone for a week maybe longer.
2015 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6.4
Doesn't seem to run poorly when the codes are active.
TIA for any help.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm having an intermittent lean condition (P0171/P0174) it started after I had to change out the MAP sensor. It's very inconsistent. Clear the codes and they are gone for a week maybe longer.
2015 Ram 2500 Power Wagon 6.4
Doesn't seem to run poorly when the codes are active.
TIA for any help.
Did you use a OEM sensor? Aftermarket sensors have a rep of not playing nice with the factory electronics in Chryco products

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
run a full bottle of si-1, see the thread in the forum, if it is a clogged injector this might cure it and that's that. It's probably nothing big because the truck runs fine. If you run the fuel trims, you can see how much fuel the pcm is pushing. Check for all air leaks and pull apart air filter assembly and see if anything is a miss. Get a used oil analysis and see if there is fuel in oil, when you send the sample in, make sure the bottle is full. Probably not the sensor if the oem and second ones had it. It could be, but I'd do the ground work and see if the original code was truthful. Replacing the sensor was the smart move, but now you need to make like sherlock and systematically rule stuff out./

OP
OP
M

MT_Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
run a full bottle of si-1, see the thread in the forum, if it is a clogged injector this might cure it and that's that. It's probably nothing big because the truck runs fine. If you run the fuel trims, you can see how much fuel the pcm is pushing. Check for all air leaks and pull apart air filter assembly and see if anything is a miss. Get a used oil analysis and see if there is fuel in oil, when you send the sample in, make sure the bottle is full. Probably not the sensor if the oem and second ones had it. It could be, but I'd do the ground work and see if the original code was truthful. Replacing the sensor was the smart move, but now you need to make like sherlock and systematically rule stuff out./

I'm not familiar with the si-1 and I wasn't able to pull it up in the forum. I just had the oil analysis done my last oil change roughly 3k ago. No fuel in the oil at that time. Do you think pulling the MAF sensor and cleaning it is a waste? I'm going to do a fuel pressure test this weekend to see where it's at. Are you familiar with the pressure I should see? I really appreciate your advice.. I just put a bunch of money into cam/lifters and want this thing to be correct.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm not familiar with the si-1 and I wasn't able to pull it up in the forum. I just had the oil analysis done my last oil change roughly 3k ago. No fuel in the oil at that time. Do you think pulling the MAF sensor and cleaning it is a waste? I'm going to do a fuel pressure test this weekend to see where it's at. Are you familiar with the pressure I should see? I really appreciate your advice.. I just put a bunch of money into cam/lifters and want this thing to be correct.
Here ya go, for whatever reason this product is the only one proven out there with the boroscopes. I believe you might get this with techron, but you would need to run 3 bottles at once and maybe two tank fulls.

The ifrst thing I would do if I got that code is pull and clean sensor and mating portion.