Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
OK sorry forum but I do not believe Corey aka hemi395 or I had ever brought a si-1 thread here. We did do one at bobs, just never officially did a thread here on it. We were going to wait until we did more tests and never got around to it, but thanks to another fellas work on the net I think the results of this product as a combustion chamber cleaner are second to nothing known, so I will post some boro's on it past and present. For even more boroscopes see BITOG, yet another fella there also posted very similar results. So I am fairly sure at this point the stuff just plain works, and as of yet we know of nothing else that does with the exception of similar results by chris fixes sea foam through vac lines tube. But, at this point I'm not even sure if that works as good as si-1.

Corey's before and after boroscopes first, then I will post some pics from another website. Some really good new info has to do with dosage, the other fella did a more extensive test and found when he was adding full bottles it would melt away carbon, but doing it every tank with a smaller dose there were no gains, but also no loses as in carbon wasnt growing back. What to do with that info is personal choice. I personally do full bottles before oil changes, and I think I will stick with that unless when I boro my chamber something changes my mind.

Corey's before and after, and his before was after he had tried some other additives, I forget which ones but clearly they didnt do much. His after was after si-1. You can see other guy labeled his cylinder and noted additive use. Even with 1/2 case of techron you see some cleaning, but with 2 bottles of redline you see the carbon more like melting off the cylinder. I cant link his thread here, but google it. His photo's werent tm'd so I post them for your consideration unless he complains later. This is also similar to the other guy at bobs who video'd all his cylinder, I will see about posting those as well.

hemi 395 before pic-

53561870070_be4eff7170_z.jpg

hemi395 after pic redline si-1

53561751709_1ca251b35d_z.jpg

jimhow4545 from mdxers

53561974919_20e3256fbb_z.jpg

53561644016_cef00f00f0_z.jpg

53561972714_d292322354_o.png

53561649221_29a427f56e_z.jpg

So this should stand as the official si-1 thread, so please post experiences good or bad in the thread, this is the place for it.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
For guys who would rather see full youtube on it...

2nd part test on separate car...

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome! Thanks @Burla. It's been in my list. I've only used Techron once and a lubegard fuel treatment once.

How often would you do it? I'm at 67K. Did techron about 3 months ago. Lubegard about 6 before that. Those were the only times I added anything to the tank in 3 yrs.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Awesome! Thanks @Burla. It's been in my list. I've only used Techron once and a lubegard fuel treatment once.

How often would you do it? I'm at 67K. Did techron about 3 months ago. Lubegard about 6 before that. Those were the only times I added anything to the tank in 3 yrs.
The best part of this is that recent test was si-1 against techron with proof. Kinda why I posted it now. We (me, kyle and corey) wanted more confirmation before moving forward, well that was amazing imo.

So I like the idea of a full bottle before each oil change. Maybe 2 bottles in some cases with older cars like over 100k miles.

I believe top tier gas still leaves carbon in rings, there just isnt enough detergents. Even techron which is the official detergent of chevron isnt enough with 6 bottles. So this is a weird statement, but redline si-1 might literally be a needed product for good rings at about every 5k mile, maybe 10k. Even all of chris fixes tests showed nothing this good. I tried to get him to try si-1, he is taking it under consideration. No reason to go back to bobs, everything is posted here, many different examples all show the same thing. It works where it is needed the most, sides of piston tops.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks, you guys.

I'd like to know more about dosage intervals, will be following. Top Tier tests by AAA contractor implied Top Tier alone was sufficient, but they only looked at MPFI intake valves deposits, I believe. Not piston crowns, ring lands, etc. They may have looked at fuel injection nozzles, I don't recall.

When I went on my rampage from lack of Top Tier gas brands up here, I found the reason PEA worked the best is it is stable in elevate temperatures, where other solvents decompose their solvency. The Nitrogen component was the key to elevated temperature stability of the solvent.

Hence BP's "invigorate" with Nitrogen and Shell's "V-Power" with Nitrogen. These are PEA's.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I assume most people use top tier, my thinking is even in these tests top tier was likely used? More work needs to be done and more proof is needed if top tier by itself leaves carbon in ring area behind. If all of these tests were top tier, kinda suggest top tier is not enough. But at this point I am not willing to say that. Just like I was careful saying si-1 works I waited a long time before posting this, I want to be just as careful before I say top tier doesnt. We need some boroscopes on top tier combustion chambers were no additives are used before we judge?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use SL-1…Wish I had taken pics of the pistons and chambers when I cammed it this past Fall.
I know I had minimal carbon, but the truck has seen 93 for 78k of its 89k miles at the time. Only used about 2 doses of SL-1 before the heads came off, but had used Techron and other additives.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got 2 coming. I was thinking about running 2 through in about a 2 week period then go every oil change.

Any thoughts on this?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got 2 coming. I was thinking about running 2 through in about a 2 week period then go every oil change.

Any thoughts on this?
Please report back if you notice a difference after running it. I sure do and I hope it's not just in my head haha.

I order a case of it every year from Nick@gotexhaust and my dad and I share it between our two RAMs.

We love it and notice a big difference when using it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Please report back if you notice a difference after running it. I sure do and I hope it's not just in my head haha.

I order a case of it every year from Nick@gotexhaust and my dad and I share it between our two RAMs.

Damn now you got me thinking i should try it out now,lol. I've been using CRC's 1 tank renew,but maybe i should try out Redline instead.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

I couldnt find it at nicks, do you have a part number?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Damn now you got me thinking i should try it out now,lol. I've been using CRC's 1 tank renew,but maybe i should try out Redline instead.

CRC does make some good products, I'm sure everyone is familiar with their brake cleaners. Their sds does show decent PEA levels as well.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I think you should give it a shot and let me know if I am nuts or not.

It really does seem to make a difference. I have not tried the CRC stuff though so maybe we should swap? haha

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts since you have a tuned badass truck running the happy gas from time to time.

I used to buy the case of Techron from Costco from time to time before I had my RAM. I thought it worked well too, since learning some more about the chemistry of it, don't think I'll buy it again though. So make of that what you will.

CRC is good stuff IMO. I wonder how they would stack up. I use CRC damn near everything else still these days. Dry lube, white lithium grease, brake cleen, carb cleaner etc...
I couldnt find it at nicks, do you have a part number?
Just shoot him a PM. I never go to his site for stuff. I just ask for a quote/invoice.

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

CRC has PEA, just lower concentration, so it's all a matter of pricing per unit amount. That was in my previous rant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357