Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan J

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
its not hard to do, just time consuming because you need to remove a lot of stuff.

Visors, overhead console if equipped, grab handles/pillar post trim, upper seat belt anchors (so you can remove the pillar post trim covers), coat hangers, rear dome light.

Even after all of that, I could only get the headliner down just enough to get my hand in between it and the airbags (if equipped)....in my case I did it so I could make sure the shark fin antenna was sealed to the roof (was getting some condensation inside the truck during certain weather and wasnt sure if leak or just hot-to-cold changes).

FWIW your leak looks *exactly* like mine, which was the third brake light. One damp corner of headliner and a few drops of water on the black bezel around the rear glass. Mine didnt make it down to fill the underseat area (AFAIK), but once the dealer dealt with the third brake light, it didnt leak again.
Ok. Yeah i didnt think about all the stuff holding the headliner up. Plus sun roof and dvd player! Damn laramie limited!! Yeah im going to pull the brake light first lol

OP
OP
Ryan J

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wellp you guys that said brake light were right. Its wet behind the light and the light itself is full of water. I just pulled the light off a few months ago and checked the gasket. Its not split or torn. Looked good. Well now my seat is ruined from it. If you havent changed the gasket. DO IT!!

20190404_123005.jpg

20190404_123012.jpg

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

But, unfortunately it's a common issue that RAM never fixed. Hopefully they did something about it on the newest line of trucks. I was one of the lucky ones that did not run into the leak issue, but, I went ahead and pulled the light anyway and put new weatherstripping on the light to seal it up.