LED Conversion Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good Day. Thank you for allowing me into the group. I'm doing a 6 bulb led conversion on my 2017 Outdoorsman. I don't want to add resistors or decoders. I have purchased the Vgate interface and the bypass cable. As I wait for Amazon to arrive ,has anyone had experience with the JScan app and do I need to plug into the 12/8 pin connection. Any help would be appreciated.
SmartSelect_20231008_112838_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20231008_112805_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20231008_112819_Chrome.jpg

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I very recently installed a set of hi and low LED Fahren bulbs in my 19' that has the quad reflector headlights and they work great with no error messages.
There was no canbus decoder required for those bulbs.
Just ensure you clock them properly at the 9-and-3 position so you get the best light output.

OP
OP
Bubba1973

Bubba1973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for your quick response. I was hoping the Fahrens would be a good choice. Did the dust boots fit back on after installation?
I will keep the OBD module coming incase I need it down the road.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Thank you for your quick response. I was hoping the Fahrens would be a good choice. Did the dust boots fit back on after installation?
I will keep the OBD module coming incase I need it down the road.
You're welcome.
Yes, the dust covers fit back on with no issues.

It was this Forum that introduced me to Fahren LED's as the last set of LED's I had caused me to replace both headlight assemblies because their fans were so big, and I also had to stuff the decoders inside the assemblies, too, so, the OEM dust caps didn't fit and caused dust/debris, and moisture to get into the assemblies and ruin them.

I see you're from Halifax.
I was just there this summer for a road trip and did all the touristy things..lol
Tom's Lobster Shack in Peggy's Cove is incredible!
His truffle lobster rolls are out of this world!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
has anyone had experience with the JScan app
If you haven't spent the money on JScan, go with AlfaOBD it's works and lots of members on this forum run it.
Your 2017 does not need a OBD security gateway bypass cable, that started with the 2018 model year.

blakhra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I very recently installed a set of hi and low LED Fahren bulbs in my 19' that has the quad reflector headlights and they work great with no error messages.
There was no canbus decoder required for those bulbs.
Just ensure you clock them properly at the 9-and-3 position so you get the best light output.
Got any pictures of the output/cutoff?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat