LED headlight bulb issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikegraves777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I have bought led headlight and fog light bulbs and am having an issue with the headlights lighting up and then shutting right off when truck is running. I can turn them on and. Truck off and they will stay lit but soon as I start truck they shut off. This is only happening with headlights not fog lights. Now I replaced blinkers and tail lights and had to install a load resister in them I am wondering if I jus need to do that on the headlights as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
What kit did you buy??? I installed LED headlights and have had no problems other than the occasional flicker when the can-bus system does its little annoying test. Have had them for over 3 months now.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I have the Lifetime LED headlights and fogs, and never once had any flicker or turning off problems. What kit are you using?

OP
OP
M

Mikegraves777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just some bulbs no drivers or anything with them. I wanted to see what they look like and if bright enough I will spend more money on better ones.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Those are like the Lifetime ones. The only difference is that the Lifetimes use a larger cooling fan.

MPG LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone using these in 2014s with no additional wiring/harnesses other than what comes with the kit?