LED Headlight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just looked at the opt7's..Now unless there is a different way of cooling,ill never have that fan type in my truck..As soon as the fan quits the light goes ****..Not alot of room inside the light houseing for air flow as is..

Mine are in the fogs so I cannot speak to them in the headlight housing, but I've had mine installed for 2 years without any problems. Those fans have been exposed to the elements (mud, dust, rain, snow & salt) the whole time and they are still working. Honestly, I was concerned about the same thing, but all is good.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks man, that would be greatly appreciated.. I was going to go the Mopar hid kit from the retrofit source, but just didn't want to deal with the hid's again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So finally got to test, the 2strokes work perfectly no errors and no flicker, i bought the antiflicker modules in case but did not need. I couldnt check output as my bulbs are 9005 and my projectors are 9012. And of course they dont fit in the highs either on the projector lights.

PNWramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I hear that the fans on some of these LED kits are quit loud, you can actually here them in your cab. Has that issue improved?

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I hear that the fans on some of these LED kits are quit loud, you can actually here them in your cab. Has that issue improved?

Hear them in the Cab?? The kit I have for the Fogs isn't loud at all. You sure you didn't just come across some shoddy product made in place like Ukraine? lol

PNWramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
LOL... No I haven't upgrade my headlight or fog lamps yet, just getting info before upgrade my lighting system.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
if any body is looking for a set and you are local PM me i have a set forsale cheap locally

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For 2017 Sport trucks, our Fogs are 9006 right? Think I'll go HID for the lowbeams, not sure how I feel about LEDS there.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
For 2017 Sport trucks, our Fogs are 9006 right? Think I'll go HID for the lowbeams, not sure how I feel about LEDS there.
I just seem to have so many issues with HID's into hr last 2 Rams I've had. If I could do it over I would have out led lows in my 2016 instead of HID's

Citymoto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the morimoto 2stroke led bulbs in my stock quads and love them. I had to buy a harness specific for mopar vehicles 2015+. Theretrofitsource.com. Great site great customer service

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good choice and yes 9006
Thanks!
I just seem to have so many issues with HID's into hr last 2 Rams I've had. If I could do it over I would have out led lows in my 2016 instead of HID's

I've used HIDS for the past several years and yes, they can be a *****. Usually it takes me a few trial and errors to get the systems to work right. Like one side will work, and the other wont but if I unplug and replug it works mysteriously. The other issues I've had is loud relays. Never liked that. As for LED headlights, more and more vehicles have them but I'm very (very) leary over cooling with the dust cap on. Yes, I can leave it off but then what am I doing except adding risk to the components inside from dirt and moisture. So, its a pickle. Go with the tricky ****** HIDS or take a chance on LEDs. Besides, I'm not sure how bright the LED's in the low beams woul dbe compared to HIDs.

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Has anyone used the new Fluxbeam X Opt7 bulbs ???

I want to put them in the high beams of my 2016 Quads and want to know if they will fit with the dust caps. The regular Fluxbeams won't allow you to put the dust caps back on.