Leftover hitch cover adaptor to mount things.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I bought one of those light up ram logo hitch covers, came with a 2 inch adaptor and think other was 1 1/4. So other day was thinking, looks like this adaptor would fit in the console holes under radio(one that's on left and right side) to mount a tuner etc. Adaptor has a really firm rubber seal I think they use to keep vibration down but fits perfect in the holes under radio. Is nice and solid fit, so will put my bullydog tuner on it with some 3m and mount it. Can be removed in seconds. Will add more pics once I mount the tuner. The rubber piece around it makes it fit very snug, will not fall out without a good grip and pulling pretty good. I left the little rubber Matt in the hole because it has a little lip to make sure this stays in. Pretty sure it's strong enough to mount a phone, for sure a tuner or any other thing, even a bass knob. For bass knob could cut hole out, it's plastic and comes apart in 2 pieces, the rubber piece holds the thing together. Sounds wierd, but I can think of a few useful things I can do. I may just do bass knobs, I have 2 and hate reaching down in cubby to adjust.

IMG_20190325_014337.jpg

IMG_20190325_020933.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kad

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice idea

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Here it is with the bulldog tuner mounted, just temporary to see how it looked.

IMG_20190326_075410.jpg