Lets talk bumpers! (Aftermarket)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rear bumper on my Ram is starting to bleed a bit of automotive cancer around the parking sensors. I plan to turn off the sensors with AlfaOBD and would like to replace the bumper at some point in the near future. I saw a couple that caught my eye and was curious if anyone had them and what their opinions are before I buy one. I like the "OE" style with the corner step. But the RC bumper doesn't look bad either. If anyone has either of them and can give me some opinions on them that'd be great. Or even post yours so maybe myself or others can get an idea.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
OP
OP
Bandit517

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't mind that one either. My only concern/complaint is the exposed bed behind the step pocket and below the tube (side profile) from an eye catching aspect. But it may not be that bad with a black truck.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
OP
OP
Bandit517

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is what I did to mine, sprayed them both with raptor bedliner when i did my bed, fender flares and grille love the look ...

View attachment 488542

View attachment 488543
I've seen a few that are done up in bedliner or undercoating type of finish. I'd like to get one ready to paint match to my truck. I don't want to take away from the "simple" look of my truck. It's spends probably 85% of it's life nice and clean so I'd rather keep it all one finish. If it was a trail rig (or at least used off road more) I'd definitely go with a more rugged finish like that.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
This is one of my co-workers trucks withe both factory chrome bumpers sprayed in colour match bedliner
View attachment 489638View attachment 489639
Yeep, pretty easy to color match with the bedliner .... I was going to initially do that with mine but decided to go with the black bedliner .... color match does look nice though

Reactions: BWL