Level/35, I think I have my setup figured out. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been researching for a long time and many thanks to you all on here for great info. I have a '13 QC Express with 20's, 4x4. I'm leaning toward Bils at 2.1, 1/4" spacers, and Mastercraft Courser MXT 35/12.5's. Why this? I want a taller/wider stance with semi-aggressive tires and all done at a reasonable price. From my findings, all this should work out just fine and look great. What do you all think??

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you going with stock wheels? If you arent, get a +0 or -12 offset on the wheels and you can avoid spacers. If stock wheels, then yes you will need that 1/4" spacer. Some guys are claiming that they can run it without but I personally would go with spacers still.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Go for 10mm hub centric spacers from Motorsport Tech. They're a far better option than the generic 1/4" spacers out there. Other than that everything else will work fitment wise assuming you're using stock wheels.

Saltbreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Also look into getting new UCA I think mevotech makes a decent one. From what I understand the 13 have weaker UCA and can have ball joint issues with level. Hopefully someone else will chime in about this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also look into getting new UCA I think mevotech makes a decent one. From what I understand the 13 have weaker UCA and can have ball joint issues with level. Hopefully someone else will chime in about this

The ball joints popping is more typical with a spacer level as they allow the front suspension to overextend which pops the ball joints. Bilsteins prevent the suspension from overextending so it typically isn't an issue with them.

caps

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Thunder Road
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ball joints popping is more typical with a spacer level as they allow the front suspension to overextend which pops the ball joints. Bilsteins prevent the suspension from overextending so it typically isn't an issue with them.

At 2.1" and below. When you go to 2.8" they tend to have issues the same as the spacers. It's a height issue; most people seem to use a 2.5" rule of thumb, and even then the newer ones have had some issues.

OP
OP
C

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses. Yes, my chrome clad stock 20's. I want to keep them. And the reason I say 1/4" spacer is because I think them paired with a 12.5" wide tire would be a great stance. I talked to the guys at Motorsports Tech and they said a 1" hub centric spacer and up would clear our stock lugs with these 20" stock wheels, but I don't want them to stick out too far. And I like the Mastercraft because they are actually one of the smaller 35's out there. Plus they're a very good tire at a great price. Anyone have pics of a similar set up??

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the responses. Yes, my chrome clad stock 20's. I want to keep them. And the reason I say 1/4" spacer is because I think them paired with a 12.5" wide tire would be a great stance. I talked to the guys at Motorsports Tech and they said a 1" hub centric spacer and up would clear our stock lugs with these 20" stock wheels, but I don't want them to stick out too far. And I like the Mastercraft because they are actually one of the smaller 35's out there. Plus they're a very good tire at a great price. Anyone have pics of a similar set up??

Motorsport Tech also provides 10mm spacers. I'd talk to them about those. Lug centric spacers will give you vibration/wobbling issues at highway speed; hub centric spacers won't plus they're just better all around.

OP
OP
C

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just saw they had them. I will look into that. Or maybe a 8 or 9mm. Thanks for the feedback so far.