level and vibtration/wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up my new outdoorsman and am back and forth between lift and level, I've read a few problems with levelling and then having vibration and wobble on acceleration , there is no way I want that, to me that is unacceptable in a brand new vehicle and something isn't right if its happening. If I level I'm not just doing the spacers, it will will be bilsteins and zone upper control arms and maybe a 1" block in the rear if it wont give to much rake. So what I'm wondering is what causes the vibration and wobble with a levelled truck?

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
it's typically in 4wd, it's changes the front end geometry. it typically over extends the front end parts which leads to a harsher ride and parts wearing out quicker.

OP
OP
S

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it's typically in 4wd, it's changes the front end geometry. it typically over extends the front end parts which leads to a harsher ride and parts wearing out quicker.
well I don't want to half ass it and strain everything, maybe just a 4" lift with all new parts. I refuse to put up with a vibration and a wobble on a brand new truck, even if it's only 4x4, it snows alot here and mine gets used.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I leveled with bilsteins, set @ 2.8" . I installed Mevotech UCA'S . My ride is better than stock and no wobble or any other issues.

Hope this helps .

OP
OP
S

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I leveled with bilsteins, set @ 2.8" . I installed Mevotech UCA'S . My ride is better than stock and no wobble or any other issues.

Hope this helps .
I just finished reading about this on many other forums, it looks like just about everyone has this issue and some right away and some after they get some miles on, I don't think ill risk it if this will happen, I guess ill just go with a full lift with all the real brackets and new pieces, from what I gather the vibration doesn't happen with a full lift, can anyone comment on this?

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
My hell bent steel two and a half inch spacer destroyed my front end. I now have a 6 inch suspension lift 3 inch body lift and pro Comp adjustable struts upfront maxed out and have zero issues

OP
OP
S

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My hell bent steel two and a half inch spacer destroyed my front end. I now have a 6 inch suspension lift 3 inch body lift and pro Comp adjustable struts upfront maxed out and have zero issues
Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I've been reading on other sites as well, I would rather spend more on a real lift and have no issues than level on the cheap and have stressed parts, now to decide on a lift I guess, probably 4" with 35's and my stock black 20's.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do yourself a favor & get the lift.I've had bilstiens & they ride stiff.I just installed maxtracs 2.5" level two piece part #832525 & i have vibration above 82mph.I'm gonna get another alignment to make sure it wasn't smudged the 1st time,but if that doesn't fix it that junks coming out too.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
6" RCX lift here.

No broken parts.

No issues.

No wobble.

No vibrations.

Did I mention no issues?

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do yourself a favor & get the lift.I've had bilstiens & they ride stiff.I just installed maxtracs 2.5" level two piece part #832525 & i have vibration above 82mph.I'm gonna get another alignment to make sure it wasn't smudged the 1st time,but if that doesn't fix it that junks coming out too.

Also check the tire balance. Vibration at a high speed, typically over 65 is usually tires that aren't properly balanced.

OP
OP
S

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6" RCX lift here.

No broken parts.

No issues.

No wobble.

No vibrations.

Did I mention no issues?
How do you like the rough country lift? Ive heard more bad then good but all read that the newer stuff they are putting out is better than past years.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like the rough country lift? Ive heard more bad then good but all read that the newer stuff they are putting out is better than past years.

Haha my post was aimed at some dudes on here that give me crap for my RCX lift :roflsquared:

But honestly...for the price I can't complain.

I Nvr had any intentions of takin this truck crazy offroad but It does see it's fair share. So all in all it's a good kit in my opinion.

It's no fabtech or procomp but it also didn't cost me an arm and a leg either.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I was gonna do a full lift, I would do a RCX also. They are very popular in AZ. But for now I am very happy with my Bils. When reading here, u must wade thru some BS. I can't remember how many times I read here that I couldn't run 35s without spacers...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Bills at 2.1 and the ride is great. I have no vibration at any speed. Not sure what others are refering to but I am extremely picky and I am very happy with mine. Will probably install a 4" lift later but the Bilsteins are great for now.

OP
OP
S

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Bills at 2.1 and the ride is great. I have no vibration at any speed. Not sure what others are refering to but I am extremely picky and I am very happy with mine. Will probably install a 4" lift later but the Bilsteins are great for now.
I would love to do a level right now with the bilsteins but I would also need to buy new upper control arms and hope that it doesn't vibrate and wobble, not sure how the outdoorsman being almost 1 inch higher from factory affects any of this, I just hate the rake.

Nick1500Josh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got mine installed about a month ago. 6" Zone lift 5" rear coils and Bilstein 5100s from Bullys Performance for like 1800. Great deal and well worth it. Truck feels exactly the same. Bills are set to 2.1 and have no wobble, no nothing. Gas mileage sucks, but that is to be expected.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also check the tire balance. Vibration at a high speed, typically over 65 is usually tires that aren't properly balanced.

Started immediately after level,was smooth as glass before.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well I don't want to half ass it and strain everything, maybe just a 4" lift with all new parts. I refuse to put up with a vibration and a wobble on a brand new truck, even if it's only 4x4, it snows alot here and mine gets used.
Wow, I get to use the same post twice.LOL

I couldn't get many hands on answers, this is what I did real world.
Bilstein 5100's adjusted to 2.1", alignment. It did change the angle of of the CV's but everything worked fine. Make sure whom ever is doing the alignment knows what they are doing because there is a major change. I see no need at all to even worry about upper control arm's unless I was going with 12½" tires. I wanted to keep my tires inside my truck, not spraying everything on the road (including stones) on the sides of my truck. The tires also have changed my speedometer about 8 mph.

With the leveling kit, ground to inner fender was 37½" in all four corners.
I then put on 4 Nitto Terra Grappler 2's 285x65x20, on stock wheels. This brought my inner fender measurement to 39½" at all for corners. This also put my CV's basically back to the stock angle, which I was very happy with. I have lost very little in ride quality and no issues with road noise.

Attachments

• 20151127_134250.jpg
    20151127_134250.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56